Disabling "Joypad port #0 Xinput Controller (Player 1)) configured" message

I’m using RetroArch with HyperSpin & RocketLauncher on a Windows box, and I like it a lot. However, when launching Sega CD or Sega Genesis games with RetroArch it flashes back & forth to the desktop at the beginning and end of cut-scenes. Very annoying. But I was able to fix this by using the “Hide Desktop/Hide Frontend/Hide Taskbar” settings in RocketLauncher. But I still get the “Joypad port #0 Xinput Controller (Player 1)) configured” message when this happens. Is there any way to disable this message without disabling autoconfig for joypads? Or is there a remedy for the Desktop back & forth bug? Btw, I don’t have this problem with any other system RetroArch is trying to emulate, just Sega. Thanks.

You should be able to turn off RetroArch’s OSD messages by going to settings > onscreen display settings.

I couldn’t find the “onscreen display” setting in Settings. Is this for a recent build? I’m using 1.0.0.2 on Windows 7 64-bit.

Could be newer than that, yeah. 1.0.0.2 is super-old and you should switch to a nightly. buildbot.libretro.com

Yes, I just updated to the latest build and found the setting. Thanks.

I am having the same issue with Mupen64Plus. Even when I disable the OSD, it still pops up “XInput Controller (User 1)…” And when I adjust the font size, it has no effect and moving the position of the text or disabling the OSD seems to make the client crash the next time that config is booted up. Comments or suggestions? (I’m on PC, Windows 8 64bit)