Disk Swapping Issues (Saturn-Mednafen)

I’ve been trying to get Disc Swapping for Saturn using the Mednafen core worked out. I’ve gotten some help over at /r/emulation and they have been very helpful with this issue and others leading up to this point, but I figured I’d poke some minds here since this is specific to Retroarch.

Basically I’m wanting to make sure that disc swapping is going to work before I put the time into playing through the first disc of a multidisc game. So far I’m glad I have been going through the trouble, because it doesn’t seem to be working right and it wouldn’t have been fun to find this out later.

My first test was just attempting to swap from Disc 1 to Disc 2 with a game loaded hoping that it would just prompt me swap back to 1. That would be enough to convince me it works. But when I try to swap, all I get is “Failed to set disc 2 of 2.” I get the same result either from doing “Disk Image Append,” or loading the game through an m3u playlist. As a side note, when loading the game from m3u, I get “[FONT=Helvetica]Uncorrectable data at sector 0,” but the game still seems to run fine. I don’t think it’s related since the disk swap fails either way, but correct me if I’m wrong.

[/FONT] So I thought maybe it’s doing this because I’m swapping when the game isn’t expecting a swap, so I created a situation that would force the game to prompt for a disc change. This is a 4 disc game.

[ul] [li]Launched Disc 1 of 4, did an in-game save with it.[/li] [li]Renamed the .bkr, .bcr, and .smpc files to Disc 4 of 4[/li] [li]Launched game using Disc 4 of 4. Go to load a save. It recognizes the save made with 1 of 4. So far good.[/li] [li]Loaded save within game, game prompts for Disc 1 of 4. Looking better…[/li] [li]Quick menu, eject tray.[/li] [li]Resume game in case the game needs to see the tray open[/li] [li]Quick menu, disk image append, select Disc 1 of 2.[/li] [li]Failed to set disc.[/li][/ul] I know the whole renaming of the data thing isn’t necessary in normal play, but it was the best thing I could think of to force a scenario where the game would prompt for a disc change without having to play the whole first disc. Is this way of testing flawed? I would appreciate any help that’s offered.

disk swapping have been re-added to core as of latest commit.