Does GenPlus GX support Ogg Vorbis on Android yet?

I’ve been following the nightly builds as much as I can and recently updated to the latest Android nightly release at the time of Monday (dated 2015-05-28) as well as the then latest GXP libretro core (2015-05-08). I was hoping I could play Mega CD titles with oggs without the subsequent audio coming out like white noise like when I last updated, but it seems the end result is still the same. I made sure the cuesheet was setup correctly and that it was identifying the tracks as OGG rather than WAVE. Do they have to be encoded in a very specific way or has it just not been implemented?

A real shame as I know the Windows port has been able to play oggs without a problem for ages now. Was hoping that certain support functions like this one would be ported across all platforms at around or at least as close to the same time as one another, not many months.

Welp, just tried the latest stable version (v1.2.2) of RA and downloaded the latest GPGX core, and… still static sound with OGG music! Is it compiled or not?

Not sure whether upgrading to the latest nightly RA build will make any difference…

Anyone? I would like some confirmation about this if possible. I’ve tested Sonic CD so far.

I have the same issue if that gives any comfort :slight_smile:

Tested Sonic CD and Terminator CD.

There’s already an issue in github: https://github.com/libretro/Genesis-Plus-GX/issues/28

Even on windows, it seems to work but the ogg music stops after 1 loop instead of repeating when in wav.

Are you using the last updated core? ekeeke fixed something related to this some weeks ago (I think). it’s working fine here on linux.

Perhaps you’re right, I haven’t tried again recently.

edit: That’s working on windows now, thanks for mentioning it.

[QUOTE=sergio-br2;27972]There’s already an issue in github: https://github.com/libretro/Genesis-Plus-GX/issues/28[/QUOTE]In case people don’t know already, ekeeke actually responded to this quite recently, and suggested perhaps changing a little something the next time one attempts to compile the code.

Anyone with the necessary compiling skills willing to give this a shot, see if it works then, and possibly upload a build here? :slight_smile: