Does netplay work on the Vita? If so, how do I make it work?

Does netplay work with the Vita version of retroarch? And if so, how do I use it? I have a PS Vita and a PSTV so I installed retroarch 1.7.0 on both of them. However, when I went to refresh the netplay rooms, nothing showed up. So I was rereading the first post in a gbatemp thread and there it says that 1.6.9 is the latest stable release. Not sure how accurate that is but I figured I would try it. So I deleted 1.7.0 on both devices and installed 1.6.9 on both. Now when I go to refresh the netplay rooms I can see a list of rooms. So now on my PSTV I try starting up Super Mario World on Super Nintendo using the Snes9x 2005 Plus core and choose Start netplay host. I then refresh the rooms on my Vita and I can see the room with Super Mario World in it. I select that room and it starts up the game but then says that netplay failed. I’m not familiar with netplay at all so if I’m doing it the wrong way, please let me know and how I can correct it. Thank you.

Sorry to bump my thread but it’s been 6 days with no answer. Does anyone have netplay working on the PS Vita and if so can anyone help me get it working? Thank you.