Dolphin Core

I have tried different games and in all of them the same thing happens to me.

Video Driver: gl No sound/No video. The application window is frozen

Video Driver: Vulkan The sound is heard but the application window is frozen.

RetroArch nightly version 09/04/2017 08:40 Windows 10 (15063.14)/i7 4771 3.50Ghz/GTX 780M/24GB Ram/SSD 250GB

It’s not ready for end-users yet. We just put it on the buildbot so we can test and work on it better.

As I get an “Error: trying to access windows-1252 fonts but they are not loaded” message when starting a few games - how do I use the Gamecube bios files with the Dolphin core? Or is there another solution to avoid this message?

1 Like

I get this same issue whenever I run Super Mario Sunshine. I know it’s early days for sure, but I think it’s important that the Gamecube BIOS work.

We gotta have the bootscreen man, we just gotta.

I am able to scan my library and have all the games show up in my playlist when the files are in the 7.zip format. However, I cannot open and play these games, I get an error message that says the file does not exist. If I extract the file I can play the ISO file, but it will then not appear in the playlist section. So my main question is, is this core still in its’ infancy?

Yes, it’s not ready for general use.

ah, that makes me both a little sad and hopeful for the future. Thanks

For anyone messing with this, take your working OGL Dolphin config structure (mine was in users\ME\documents\dolphin-emulator). find the corresponding file structure in retroarch\saves\dolphin-emulator\ user\and paste it in.

I still haven’t gotten it working, but this took me a while to find.

What’s the current state of the Dolphin core? Is it close to the standalone in terms of compatibility?

I only tested Mario Kart and is looks like it’s working fine. However there are no analog deadzone options so it always registers movement even when i’m not touching anything.

The little testing I’ve done is OK - but I can’t justify using it regularly until it will play the Gamecube boot screen.

I haven’t played with it as far as Wii stuff goes.

No, it is not on par with standalone. Several games do not boot. 1080, viewtiful joe, etc are just some examples. Moreover a system link between gba and gc is missing

You are right. Had the sys folder at the wrong place. However the analog buttons are not working =(

Has anyone a workaround for the analog triggers? Currently it is not possible to map Gamecubes Analog triggers to analog triggers on the actual controller.