Dolphin Troubles

I’ve been attemting to emulate gamecube games using dolphin. I tried emulating double dash (I allowed the context thing also) and all I get is the Nintendo and dolby sign and then darkness, is there anything I’m getting wrong, I haven’t downloaded bios for example, please help

double dash works fine here, no BIOS needed. Are you sure it’s a good dump? Does it work in standalone?

I got the rom from [edited to remove ROMsite] and when I tried it on dolphin it said I was missing graphics,

could you possibly recommend a place to find good gc roms, ive been trying to find one ever since [edited to remove ROMsite] got gutted, though the other roms ive gotten from [edited to remove ROMsite] did work

We don’t talk about ROM sites here and we can’t recommend any place to get ROMs other than to dump your own games.

my apologies, I had no idea, and no the rom did not work on dolphin

if that’s the case then would the problem be that is is a bad dump?

not a big deal.

probably a bad dump, then.

not sure if I’m allowed to ask this, but do romsites “sell” dumps that are better then others? and is there a way to tell if one dump is better then another?

I mean in terms of some sites having dumps for console x that are better then dumps for console y

also if GC roms come in .rar do I have to unzip it before I’m able to use it?

How do I get Dolphin to run in 1080p? I’ve now got it running like this (see picture) but would want to run it fullscreen (1080p)

You want it to stretch to fill the screen? If so, you have to go to settings > video and change the aspect ratio to 16:9.

yes, thank you. Sorry for the stupid question but I’m completely new to RetroArch. Still need to learn a lot :sweat_smile:

No worries. Everyone starts somewhere :slight_smile: