Doom glitched floors and ceilings

Hi,

I’ve just been trying PrBoom on Android and it runs great except the floors and ceilings (and I think wall textures) become distorted whenever I turn left. Is this something that can be fixed in the settings? It’s great running the PC version of Doom on a phone but the glitch is a bit distracting.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hmm, can you post a screenshot? We just made some changes that are supposed to fix stuff like that, but maybe they caused issues elsewhere…

Yes attached a screenshot. It seems to warp everytime you face the west no matter which stage or version of Doom (same on Doom 2 and Final Doom). It’s an all new first time install on a new phone done yesterday so should be latest version.

Having the same exact issue on a Raspberry Pi 4.

1 Like

Yup, Lakka on Raspberri 3. Same bug. Unplayable because of this weird super stretched floor effect which is moving sickness inducing.

I tried out Doom a couple of days ago on my RPi 4 (with freshly-installed Lakka) and got the same bug. I tried it with the shareware Doom 1 was downloaded via Lakka itself.

To all having this issue. You can fix it by going to the settings and turning off the wiggle graphics fix. Hope this helps.

2 Likes