DOS Problem very odd

I’ve DOS loaded on RetroArch on my iMac and it plays my sports (cricket) simulation game which is Text based but very weirdly it doesnt count 3’s or 6’s, when they come up in the simulation. I’ve used the game on DOS Box/D-Fend on Windows for years and its fine.

Anyone got any ideas?

thanks in advance

Recently, since the onset of puberty, I have lost my powers of divination…

Can you be more specific, the name of the game and how you are using those buttons?

Hi Matey,

The name of the game is The Cricket Simulator and I use a keyboard, apart from a few interactions it plays itself its just a simulation.

https://www.cricketweb.net/game/the-cricket-simulator/

1 Like

“Matey”, new medal unlocked.

Since Cricket is not boring enough, it needs a simulator in text mode. lol

I am surprised how many games of this type do not appear in DOS lists. You have taught me more than just DOS exploration. This link has the game v4.3 from 2000. In the “official” website of Syedur Rahman you can download v5.3 from 2003, it is the last one published.

RetroArch is focused on the gamepad, to use the native DOS keyboard, it is necessary to activate Game Focus with the Scroll Lock key, you can see the shortcut in Hotkeys.

In addition, the numeric keypad may be disabled, it is necessary to enable it to use the numbers.

I don’t understand how to use 3 or 6 in the game, but it seems to me that the numbers work, because I can select the main options and type the numbers inside the game.

Captura de pantalla de 2024-09-26 16-07-37

1 Like

ok ok
:joy:

@Sounds I think it is too fast, maybe a 8086 in Emulated Performance is better, and if you want a finer tuning, in System, a 386 in CPU type, and Simple in CPU Core. All in Core opcitons.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll give it a go!!!

1 Like

Hi struggling to find those settings on RetroArch however. Have tried it on DosBox and I get the same result on my Mac however on Dosbox on Windows its fine.

Example of problem below

End of over 61 (0 runs) END OF DAY 1 Time: 4:31 PM PECKHAM FRIENDS 156/3 (lead 156) Paul Foster 6.0-0-12-0 Frank Smith 6(26b 1X4) Stewart Ming 0(4b)

61.1 Morgan to Ming, FOUR, Brilliant cover drive by Stewart Ming 61.2 Morgan to Ming, no run, That ball was a mystery to the batsman 61.3 Morgan to Ming, three runs, 61.4 Morgan to Ming, no run, Stewart Ming playing forward defensive 61.5 Morgan to Ming, no run, Stewart Ming playing forward defensive 61.6 Morgan to Ming, no run, Stewart Ming playing forward defensive

End of over 62 (4 runs) PECKHAM FRIENDS 160/3 (lead 160) Carl Morgan 8.0-4-16-0 Stewart Ming 4(10b 1X4) Frank Smith 6(26b 1X4)

In this example of over 62, MING has scored “Four” and “Three” but only four has been added to his score and the total .

thanks

Clarify things.

Are you using DOSBox PURE (in RetroArch) or DOSBox standalone?

The error is that the memory is not saved? Or is the error that you can’t use the physical keyboard 6 and 3?

If it is a save, it may be related to a recent core failure.
Please unzip the zip file and load the game from the exe, if it’s the bran error, this will work fine.

The ScrLk key activates the native keyboard of a PC-DOS, normally the numeric keypad is disabled, it is activated with the number lock.

In the RetroArch quick menu, ‘Core Options - Performance’, you can adjust the processor speed, the other settings are not necessary.