Dosbox input!

Any way to switch between gamepad on-screen overlay and then to a keyboard overlay and back quickly? Sometimes I need to enter text while configuring or playing a game. On-screen gamepad doesn’t have enough buttons to map all needed keyboard keys to.

not without manually combining the overlays via the overlay configs.

I noticed that there is a toggle on-screen keyboard in the hotkeys section. Could I map that to a gamepad overlay button and press it when I need a keyboard? Also I already tried using keyboard US 101 overlay in dosbox at command prompt to test it. G,J,K,L alternate between uppercase and lowercase and refused to auto repeat. Plus none of the number keys work! I have game focus set on detect. I can’t believe they designed dosbox SVN for android without being able to switch between on-screen keyboard and gamepad quickly. Any solutions?

1 Like

Some enterprising overlay artist could design a hybrid gamepad overlay with a minimal keyboard. Maybe two keys in each corner?

To be honest. I just tend to stick to games that use a minimal number of keys. That still leaves a lot of games to choose from.