Dosbox Pure, play with KB and Mouse

Hey there,

Went finally in on setting up a DOS collection and for now got Duke Nukem 3D for testing as its 1 of my favs. While it seems to run very well, I am struggling to understand how I can play with my KB&M, the auto-config of the controller works well even if some buttons are a bit weird, but I tried other “controller profiles” that correspond to KBM but all controls are messed up and game is not playable, does it have to be remapped manually entirely for each game? Is there a guide somewhere?

With the ‘Scroll Lock’ key you activate the native keyboard and mouse, configuring the keys is done from the game itself.

The profiles are for configuring the control, not the K&M.
If you want to configure your control in detail, you have the ‘Custom Keyboard…’ options.

1 Like

Thanks, is this a hotkey you set in Retroarch, it’s not doing anything for me? If so how is it called?

So to by default use the traditional KB&M, what should I do? Even the controls on the initial DOS menu where you select the .EXE file don’t make sense on the Keyboard.

I also saw that you are supposed to only select the .exe once and then it will use it by default but not doing it for me.

The keyboard and control are configured to work with RetroArch. In Quick Menu, controls, you can see how the keys and buttons are assigned.

Scroll Lock (ScrLk) is the key above the start button, above the arrows. In the main menu settings you can see the assignment.

1 Like

Thanks looks like this is getting set as default as I have the auto detect option enabled. But I may have found a root cause, since I am also using a Sinden Lightgun I had to setup Raw inputs to match the Sinden default keyboard mapping to its keys, so I wonder if that isn’t conflicting with Keyboard keyboard keys. I’ll check it out later on.