Doubts about overrides

Hi

I saw that to operate the overrides, you must have the following:

configuration per-code = off Load overrides files automatically = on

Then if:

configuration per-code = on Load overrides files automatically = on

Retroarch search configuration per code as:

config/nestopia_libretro.dll.cfg

But if there is a overrides for a single game, not run.

This should go in order and

if

configuration per-code = on Load overrides files automatically = on

then it will use configuration per core and else it find configuration per core it will use overrides

and if

configuration per-code = off Load overrides files automatically = on

then only use the overrides

not?

As I understand it (radius would know for sure), as long as configuration per-core is on, overrides will not work at all. Once you disable per-core configs, overrides may or may not take effect depending on your setting.

If you have per-core configs off, it’ll load the core overrides first and then the game overrides on top of that.

Yes, overrides and core-specific configs are mutually exclusive. These are two methods of accomplishing roughly the same thing.

A per-core override for nestopia would be config/Nestopia.cfg

A per-game override for Megaman 2 in the same core would be config/Nestopia/Megaman 2.cfg

Sorry, I q I’m complicating things … I explain what I do.

As no independent core to cps1-2-3, I made a copy of the core fb_alpha_libreto_* and have renamed to fba_cores_cps2_libretro*. If i use configuration per-core, retroarch create config for each core. But if i use overrides, retroarch load config in folder “fb alpha” (original core).

What can i do?

I use Gamesome for organizer the emus and i need cores separate.

overrides uses the internal core name, not the filename so there’s nothing you can do about that