[Download] RetroArch 1.7.7 + other emulators (iOS)

looks like you’re just missing the assets, which you can get from the online updater.

2 Likes

oh! thanks! yeah, that worked fine.

I recently discovered that the Frame Throttle -> Sync to Exact Content Framerate (G-Sync, Freesync) option works great on iOS devices, please be sure to enable it for accurate FPS all across non-60 FPS content ! :wink:

Edit : Updated RetroArch and the cores, and created a buildbot for each supported version ! (iOS 10+ must be jailbroken to use the buildbot…)

Included the latest MAME version for 64-bit devices thanks to @harakari2’s hard work ! You can thank him for that…

Links updated in the first post !

2 Likes

Work on Nintendo Switch with SX OS?

@Alexmini The Switch OS is a completely different platform, I didn’t even try to hack mine, but I think there is great progress on it with the homebrew community !

You can check the Nintendo consoles part of the forum if you want more informations…

Can you ever compile tvOS version of RetroArch? 1.7.7 was working good on tvOS 12.3 and continue working on iOS 13, but on tvOS 13 give “failed to open libretro core”. Have you any thoughts what to do?

Yes I can. I use modules from your 1.7.7 ipa and build myself with libretro-super. Result: good working on iOS 13 and “failed to open libretro core” on tvOS 13. I can’t downgrade tvOS 13 to 12.3 because I have ATV 4K. Provenance working good on tvOS 13, RetroArch can’t start any core.

All cores working in Xcode (run after building). But after stop Xcode running application give the same error “failed to open libretro core”. I signed cores before running Xcode, changed permissions - nothing helps. What could be the reason?

Ok. I send two zip files: Xcode archive and ipa Release version selected for testing purposes.

@xdccrlz Ok, can you test this IPA ? http://www.mediafire.com/file/fp2l7p5xkz1qq6b/RetroArchTV_1.7.7.ipa/file

(I think we can delete the back and forth messages to avoid cluttering this topic…) :smile:

The same result: failed to open libretro core(

I think we have situation like mentioned at PPSSPP forum: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/11905. May be insert string like “syscall(SYS_ptrace, 0 /PTRACE_TRACEME/, 0, 0, 0);” simulated active Xcode debugging help to solve this task? But I don’t no in what part of code I need make this insertion?

@xdccrlz The “problematic” code in PPSSPP is there only to enable the very fast JIT Dynarec, which isn’t officially allowed by Apple, but works fine on a jailbroken device, with proper entitlements added to the app…

I think all 64-bit iOS RetroArch cores already disable any use of JIT Dynarec, and fallback to Interpreter anyway, and the main app doesn’t seem to make use of any JIT Dynarec function neither…

Please try this core compiled specifically for tvOS but added to git by mistake… https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/blob/45185d682786af37e67c86dd76c7cd1b1c3a4dd1/pkg/apple/Resources/modules/fceumm_libretro_tvos.dylib

If this doesn’t work, I definitely think there is an issue with iOS 13, or maybe only the beta version of iOS 13 (which, from what I heard, doesn’t allow to install some profiles yet, or will not allow them at all…)

Thanks to @xdccrlz’s post, I updated PPSSPP to the latest version on the website and on the repo !

Links updated in the first post…

Hi!

I am looking for a TVOS13 version for Retroarch on my ATV4k too. Maybe the issue you have is because of the new Apple Development and Apple Distribution certificate types from Xcode 11?

I am no developer, I just want to bring new ideas to help. Please look

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode_release_notes/xcode_11_beta_release_notes

Cheers URBANsUNITED

The problem discussed is mostly related to tvos 13 than to xcode 11, since retroarch 1.7.7 built in xcode 10.2.1 stopped running cores after switching to tvos 13. Apparently changed the algorithm for checking the signature of the cores in the new system. However, as I reported earlier, Provenance, under the same conditions works fine. Probably because the cores in Provenance is made in the form of frameworks, not a dylib.

If someone on an iOS 13 device could test an .ipa, I would love to hear about RetroArch’s status on iOS 13 as a whole…

On iOS 13 RetroArch 1.7.7 working fine without visible issues.

1 Like

@xdccrlz Great ! That’s good to know it runs on iOS devices with iOS 13 at least…

Just updated the website and the repo with RetroArch’s latest version, the buildbot with the latest cores, PPSSPP to the latest version including WIP external display support, and DOOM’s music for PrBoom with the latest naming convention and added DOOM Sigil’s soundtrack…

Links updated in the first post !

1 Like

@xdccrlz I’m not sure this would work at all, but could you try dropping those two entitlements files in the .app bundle inside the .ipa ?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ake90lt5tg5p7kp/Entitlements.zip/file

EDIT : In Target > Build Settings , set the key “Code Signing Entitlements” ( CODE_SIGN_ENTITLEMENTS ) to the file’s path.

Why no one compiled PPSSPP for tvOS. Is this difficult?