Downloads broken on FireTV

Hey guys,

I’ve been trying to use RetroArch 1.2.2 on my Fire TV for a few days now. The first evening I tried it, it all worked smoothly until I broke the mapping of the controller buttons and was forced to reinstall the app and clear the app cache. Since then I am not able to download anything from within the app. It seems like the app is not able to connect to your servers. I already reset the fire tv to factory settings and forced my router to use a different DNS address - nothing helped.

I was able to open adb logcat while encountering this error and it says: “E/RetroArch(27006): Could not create new HTTP session handle.”. If this is the case the menue freezes and I am stuck in the menu I am in. This affects all actions that need a internet connection: Core Updater, Update Core Info Files, Update Assets, etc. etc.

Any idea why this is happening? My Fire TV is connected to the internet and I am able to stream movies from Amazon as well as download apps. The DNS I use is the google dns: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. The URL in the config is also the correct one for the core locations: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/android/latest/armeabi-v7a/.

When I leave the app via the home button and open it again all overlays are activated but it’s still stuck in the menue. I jeed to force a shutdown before I can use it again. But I think this is just a bug resulting from the unexpectet error when trying to download stuff.

I have tried everything but nothing is helping. Like I said: First time it worked - reinstall, factory reset, router reset: Nothing. It just freezes in the menu it is in when I try to download anything.

Cheers, Felix

Do you use a proxy or something to get to the internet?

No I didn’t change anything after the initial successful try. That’s why I am so confused what may be broken :expressionless: