Dreamcast Cheats

Core: Flycast ROM: Resident Evil 3 : Nemesis (USA)

I tried using the cheats from this place GameHacking.org wich is a database for cheats. While the Emulator handled cheats I’ve tried did not work for Dreamcast nor did the sources from other places either. So What I did was use the RA cheat search function, which is a bit tricky for items that do not have a number attached to it such as the Gunpowders.

I contributed my own which enables the inventory slots to have x99 rounds/count of that item, excluding keys/herbs/gunpowder/etc. (Items without a number attached to it wont work). You can enable it once to raise the number item to 99, or keep it on so it stays at the 99 count. You can even change the “Value” so it’s 255. Even the magazine clips for the assault rifles will be rendered in those values.

Does anyone have anything to add, I tried to get an inventory cheat for Gunpowder but it seems more complicated than that. Sorry but this Libretro Forum does not allow me to post my .cht file or a .txt file either P.S Due to codebreaker/gameshark codes not working unlesss Im doing it wrong. The ones I posted are RetroArch Handled which have worked. For some of the games like Dino Crisis/RE it has been tricky and I have not figured out what codes are for items since they seem to be handled differently and are trickier to get.

Cheat File

img; Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (USA) (Dreamcast Version)

For Example you can change the vaule here if you want more or less than 99 which I set for this cheat.

Update 1: I also added Retroarch Cheats for PSP (PPSSPP core). MF link

2 Likes

WIP (Work In Progress) for Dino Crisis (USA) (Dreamcast). core: Flycast Cheat Code Handling: Retroarch

• Codes for Item Inventory Slot multiplying an item in the numbered slot by 99. You could do 255 but Im not sure if it will cause bugs or break the game.
  1. For Emergency Box Red & Green, (I’ve discovered they use a seperate code, It may also require a code for different locations for the boxes)
  2. Inventory Supplies x99
  3. 1 code to multiply plugs x20, it will only work when you find and pick up a plug
  • There is seperate codes not for your ammo in the inventory but for your gun that is equipped.
  1. Shotgun 2.Handgun 3. Grenade Launcher [The code will give x99 rounds] (have not tested on custom Handgun yet)

Cheats (WIP)

Example Image: Dino Crisis (USA) (Dreamcast version)

2 Likes

Additional Retroarch Handled cheats for Dreamcast’s Flycast core

Update/Edit: I decided to throw the whole folder for Retroarch cheats here. I did not intend to make it for a bunch of games but since it did I will throw the link for it here. There will be more if I get around to it.

For Dreamcast I also added:

• Blue Stinger (USA)
  • Carrier (USA)
  • Resident Evil Code Veronica X (Japanese to English translated ROM) Disc 1
  • Power Stone 2 (USA)

Media Fire Link to cheat files

Update: I added some PSP cheats

• Dante’s Inferno (USA)
  • Disgaea 2 - Dark Hero Days (USA)
  • Disgaea - Afternoon of Darkness
  • Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection ( USA)
  • Gurumin - A Monstrous Adventure (USA)
  • Medievil Resurrection (PSP)

Added a SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color cheat for Dark Arms - Beast Buster (USA)

2 Likes

Great Job @Joystick2600 keep up the Great Work

1 Like

I was wondering if you could help with getting cheats to get weapons for Alone In The Dark The New Nightmare for DC. I have been able to do the search to get unlimited health and ammo , but have not been successful with adding weapons.

hello to everybody. anyone can convert some cheats from Street Fighter III Third Strike and 2nd Impact for dreamcast? Resident Evil 3 Nemesis too

Try Gamehacking.net as you can download Cheats for Different Emulators

When it comes to quantity the cheat search seems to work better but some cheats I have not been able to figure out. For example when it comes to unlocking and getting items sometimes it’s tricky because it might have to do with other code that does not deal with quantity. I also have not been able to work on emulation for quite some time, I don’t really have the time anymore for emulation. I recommend looking at one of the cheat search videos to get a grasp on it as well.

In case the video does not play you can go to the tutorial videos posted there at https://odysee.com/@Linux_Gaming:2

Any can help me find mech modify and pilot modification cheats for Super Robot War alpha on the Dreamcast or if it can be done using the search cheat funchtion i;m using retroarch whit flycast as the core

Hi. I’m a none skilled Flycast user begging for help. I heard That Flycast started to support gameshark code and I’m trying to put them into template for Flycast.cht format(like below).

cheat0_address = “” cheat0_address_bit_position = “0” cheat0_big_endian = “false” cheat0_cheat_type = “1” cheat0_code = “” cheat0_desc = “code title” cheat0_enable = “false” cheat0_handler = “1” cheat0_memory_search_size = “4” cheat0_rumble_port = “0” cheat0_rumble_primary_duration = “0” cheat0_rumble_primary_strength = “0” cheat0_rumble_secondary_duration = “0” cheat0_rumble_secondary_strength = “0” cheat0_rumble_type = “0” cheat0_rumble_value = “0” cheat0_value = “9” cheat0_repeat_count = “1” cheat0_repeat_add_to_value = “0” cheat0_repeat_add_to_address = “0”

For example. This is a code I editted for “Bio Hazard Code Veronica Complete Edition (Japan)”

cheat0_address = “01245300” cheat0_address_bit_position = “0” cheat0_big_endian = “false” cheat0_cheat_type = “1” cheat0_code = “01245300 000000C8” cheat0_desc = “Infinite Health” cheat0_enable = “false” cheat0_handler = “1” cheat0_memory_search_size = “4” cheat0_rumble_port = “0” cheat0_rumble_primary_duration = “0” cheat0_rumble_primary_strength = “0” cheat0_rumble_secondary_duration = “0” cheat0_rumble_secondary_strength = “0” cheat0_rumble_type = “0” cheat0_rumble_value = “0” cheat0_value = “200” cheat0_repeat_count = “1” cheat0_repeat_add_to_value = “0” cheat0_repeat_add_to_address = “0”

I used address and cheat code from GameHacking.org and it didn’t work. I think I’ve done wrong. So, if someone knows how to use gameshark code to Flycast. Tell me Please.

1 Like

I recall Gameshark codes not working a while ago. I’m not sure if they still work with Dreamcast, which is why I had to resort to using Retroarch’s Cheat search function. Keep in mind that the cheat search works will with cheats based on quantity. I haven’t had success with other function such as removing poison or getting key items in the Resident Evil/Biohazard series.

If you do go the Cheat Search function route, have some patience and remember that it can be trial and error when searching for cheats.

This is a misconception. Although it doesn’t have advanced debugging functionalities like Cheat Engine, it’s still entirely feasible to find cheats for practically anything, including removing poison or getting key items. The ease to do that will also depend on the game and its engine.

Let’s take the poison for example.

• Position yourself in game in a situation where you are not poisoned but you can easily and quickly be exposed and infected by poison.
  • Make a save state (this will be a huge help to search through memory and different states of game mechanics with ease).
  • Do an initial search, 16 or 32 bits in range I would assume.
  • Next, let yourself get infected and return to the cheat search function, tell it that the value has increased (you don’t know this, it could be the opposite, but for now you’ll just go with the basic assumption that some value is not infected and some higher value is infected.
  • You possibly still have many results, go back to the search function and tell it that the value hasn’t changed (you’re still infected), change rooms if possible so that memory changes as much as possible while keeping the poison value constant.
  • If you’re not quite down to less than 100 values, repeat some more and eventually reload the save state and tell the cheat scanner that the value has changed now (because you are not infected in the save state).
  • Rinse & repeat until you have a manageable list of possible addresses and then save the cheat list so that if you crash the core you don’t lose those results, then start tweaking/enabling them and see if one triggers a “magic” recovery or an unexpected infection, depending on the state you were in during the last scan.

Like Cheat Engine, even this basic usage of logic can be enough to find cheats that you would otherwise assume impossible since you’re just looking at it through the lens of onscreen quantities - and even those sometimes do not correspond to the real function.