DS4 Controller Won't Configure?

Hello all!

I’m new to the emulating world, and I was told that RetroArch is the best. I’m presently running it on my Windows 10 computer, trying to get my DualShock 4 controller to work. I’ve paired it to my device via Bluetooth and downloaded the DS4Windows program. I haven’t touched any settings (in either program), but as soon as I open RetroArch the controller doesn’t work and I get the following message:

“Wireless controller (1356/1476) not configured. XInput controller (User 1) configured in Port #0

Maybe this is something really dumb and easy, but I am at a loss and a complete newbie. Please help!

Thanks in advance.

You should be able to navigate to settings > input > input user 1 binds (using your keyboard or whatever) and then map the buttons there. Once it’s all setup, you can use the ‘save autoconfig’ option from that screen and it will save your configuration to a file that will be automatically loaded whenever you connect the controller in the future.

Thank you! So far I’ve managed to change over from the arrow keys to the D-Pad, but I’m having problems with changing the Cross, Square, Circle, Triangle over. I don’t really understand the A, B, Y and X buttons in the Input Binds. I though they were following the Xbox controller layout, but in parenthesis beside each it says a different location: B button (down), Y button (left), A button (right), X button (top).

Presently, every time I hit the X button it takes me back, and the O button is select… how do I switch these?

Sorry, I’ve never mapped a controller before :S

It’s not based on XBox but rather SNES. If you want to swap the accept/cancel buttons, open your retroarch.cfg in a text editor (Notepad++ is free and works well) and swap the values of these two options: menu_ok_btn = “8” menu_cancel_btn = “0” (the current values may not be 8 or 0, but you get the idea)

The DS4 works ootb with SCP toolkit. Not sure about the adware payware forks.

I’m also having an issue using DS4 with mupen64. For some reason the emulator doesn’t recognize the full range of the analog stick. I can make mario walk at different speeds, but can’t make him run. I have the same problem using a gamecube controller with a mayflash adapter. All the other buttons work fine though. Anyone know what the problem might be?