Easily add fast forward toggle without controller?

Hopefully it’s a fairly self-explanatory question. What’s the easiest way to add an option to toggle fast forward when you’re just using the touchscreen controls? After a bit of playing around I was able to swap out one of the buttons from one of the existing overlays to be a fast forward toggle (I had to change my overlay directory to be on /sdcard/, as the overlay wouldn’t load after I edited it with root access) but that’s going to be time consuming to do for every overlay I want to use. Any suggestions of an easier way?

Afraid not. Making overlays is just an involved process. no real way around it.

Thanks, I figured. Is there no other way to toggle fast forward without a controller though? Things like save states and etc… have options in the menu but I don’t see another way to use fast forward.

it wouldn’t make sense to have FF toggle in the menu, since the default behavior is to pause in the menu anyway. But yeah, you have to have a button, even if that just means replacing an existing button that you don’t use often, like the keyboard toggle or the rotation button if you always play in one orientation.