Emulating More Arcade Machines on Final Burn Alpha

So I recently remembered that Final Burn Alpha is supposed to be able to emulate a good few more arcade machines than just Neo Geo and the Capcom Play System series, but there doesn’t seem to be any documentation whatsoever as to what BIOS or other files are necessary to get any of these other systems to actually work. Could anyone shed some light on this issue (e.g. a list of names for the required files), please?

Relatedly, I seem to remember that there’s supposed to be some way to be able to store FBA BIOS files in a separate location from the game ROM directory, such as in a specifically-named subdirectory, but I can’t seem to find any information on that topic, either.

FBA uses MAME sets, with some adjustments here and there. So the roms and the bios are together in the same folder.

You usually use ClrMamePro to rebuild the MAME set into what FBA needs. You can start reading something along those lines here to get a better idea of what it takes.

Thanks for that. I’m honestly still a bit confused about the specific workings of ClrMamePro because of how the guide is specifically all about using the program with RetroPie, which I am not, but it at least gave me enough basic knowledge that I think I should be able to work at it and eventually figure out further details myself.