EmulationStation Carbon theme Controller art

What would be the difference of this version of Retropie to the official EmulationStation?

1 Like

This is the windows version of the EmulationStation fork used for Retropie. It has been updated twice again since I posted. I don’t know if Retropie uses the very latest version, you may be better asking on the Retropie forums. Certainly Switch emulation support isn’t going to be troubling the Raspberry Pi scene for quite some time.

1 Like

“This is a fork of EmulationStation for RetroPie”
This says the main page.

It looks good, it also has .deb and .appimage for Linux.

@George.Spiggott

Are you aware of RetroBat? It is a Windows Front-end that uses ES.

The same guy that does the Carbon Mods for ES on Batocera is on their team (f.caruso) so it has all the cool features that have been added to the Batocera Carbon.

BTW. My controller art is now included in Batocera, since I have joined their team to do the Overlays.

2 Likes

No I am not yet familiar with Retrobat, I’ll look into it thanks.

I actually have pretty much everything set up at the moment. I’m using a modified version of Retropie’s Carbon 2021 with your images replacing the missing ones. Currently I’m experimenting with font and image sizes. If anyone knows of an existing carbon variant with larger images and smaller game info text please let me know. I’m also experimenting with GPCS4 to add PS4 emulation to the list.

Good to see your images getting widespread use, you deserve wider recognition for them.

In related news Cemu just got its own custom file format (.WMA) which is great for ES users. If only RPCS3 would boot from ISOs without having to mount them then the set would be complete.

can you make neo geo cd

2 Likes

Sure, I’ll see about getting that done ASAP.

2 Likes

Great to see more systems getting added.

I also found a much easier way to use RPCS3 with ES. RPCS3 has a create shortcut option (Right click on the game icon, Create Shortcut/Create Desktop Shortcut). If you do this for each game and save the shortcuts in a suitable folder you can direct ES to pick up on these .LNK files. It’s much easier than writing scripts for each game.

1 Like

It will happen, but don’t expect many really soon. I have less than twenty graphics left for my Mega Bezel project and all my time is dedicated to that right now.

Can you post it thanks

1 Like

I have not done it yet. Maybe I’ll get to it tonight.

1 Like

Thanks thats sounds Good

How’s this?

It is in my repo here.

I have no way of testing it so let me know if you have issues. (The Batocera ES I have live is using a newer format so this may not work in your ES.)

2 Likes

Dude i love it Amazing job :+1::+1:

1 Like

Things have been moving quickly in the PS Vita scene recently so I’ve started playing around with it. You need to make a batch file or each game to get games to boot via ES. The file contents should look something like this:

[location of Vita3K executable] -r [gamecode]

The PS Vita logo can be found here: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:PlayStation_Vita_logo.svg

I’m using the PSP controller art for now as it’s similar. It’s something I’ll worry about more when ROM compatibility improves. It’s currently at 33% of games playable according to the official list here: https://vita3k.org/compatibility.html?lang=en

PS Vita will scrape in ES but image quality and availability is low. I recon I can fix this myself for the gaps I have.

1 Like