EmulationStation+Retroarch Question

Hello, newbie question here.

I have EmulationStation as a frontend for my RetroArch. I have a FBA playlist but there is a specific ROM (Tank Force) that only works with MAME.

The thing is, i have to configure each system to run a specific core, so my FBA system is set to run the fba core using this command: %HOME%.emulationstation\systems\retroarch\retroarch.exe -L %HOME%.emulationstation\systems\retroarch\cores\fbalpha_libretro.dll “%ROM_RAW%”.

I want to know if there is a command line or something to add so that if i run a specific ROM it will choose mame.libretro instead of fbalpha.libretro.

I don’t know anything about EmulationStation and we don’t support it here. However, you would typically just replace fbalpha_libretro.dll with mame_libretro.dll in the playlist. It doesn’t sound like you’re launching from the playlist, though, and are instead using ES.

You are right, I’m launching from ES. I was just wondering if there was a command line or batch script or something similar to help me with that.

Thanks for the asnwer.

I’m not sure if emulation station uses rocketlauncher in some way, if it does, you can easily set a specific core to launch that game, be that MAME, FBA or another. I have a system focused on hacked games, it has hacks from NES, SNES, Genesis, SMS, etc up to NDS, and rocketlauncher handles what core will be used for that game.

if i remember correctly emulationstation assigns system on a per-folder method, probably move the specific rom together with other folder that uses the same system or core

Sample system config: # nes Nintendo Entertainment System ~/roms/nes .nes .NES retroarch -L ~/cores/libretro-fceumm.so %ROM% nes nes