Error 0xc000007b RetroArch-20140105-Win64-MegaPack

Hi, I’ve read a lot about this error message, but a cant find any solution

Im using windows 7 ultimate 64; downloaded the latets version of megapack win 64, and there’s no way a can execute retroarch.

I’ve installed .net 4.5; directxwebsetup; visual 2010 redistribuitable (x86 and x64)… and nothing happens, and i dont know what else install

Anyone knows why occur this? what else do i need install to make it work??? besides; every other program installed on my machine works fine

Thanks in advance

Ps: i5 2.3; 4gb ram; intel hd3000 Ps2: retroarch 0.9.6 works fine

If I remember correctly the RetroArch build from current MegaPack is having issues with some Graphic Cards.

Try this one and see if it works: http://www.sendspace.com/file/eeq9ad

Does’t work :frowning:

Tahnks anyway :slight_smile:

PS: Tried win32 megapack and it works; but i dont know if there is any difference in performance between 32 an 64 version, being an I5 cpu, i feel would be a waste of power Xd

Hey, I don’t know if your still coming here (It’s been a couple of months) but I think I’ve found a solution to your problem. I was having trouble with the d3dx9_43.dill being missing from my computer. After downloading it from a dill reserve site I put it in the base folder of the 64 bit retroarch megapack and when I double clicked the retroarch.exe I got your error. After being bummed for I while I started looking in ykhwongs svn build of dosbox (I’ve been having screen tearing with dosbox games). Inside there where to versions, one was d3dx9_43.dll and the other was d3dx9_43_x64.dll.Try this. Go to http://ykhwong.x-y.net/ and download the svndosbox zip. Theres a web installer there that would probably work but I found the 7z to be easier. After downloading and unzipping look inside for the d3dx9_43_x64.dll. Copy and paste it over to the base directory of the 64 bit megapack ( where the retroarch.exe is) Now, after pasting the d3dx9_43_x64.dll look for the original d3dx9_43.dll inside the megapack folder, it should be right next to the newly pasted d3dx9_43_x64.dll. Delete it . Next right click on the d3dx9_43_x64.dll and rename it, Remove the _x64 from the name. so that instead of saying d3dx9_43_x64.dll it will say d3dx9_43.dll. Then run the retroarch.exe and see if it works. This worked for me and hopefully it will work for you. If it does reply back so others will know it works. Have a good one :slight_smile:

EDIT:!! Scratch the part about deleteing the d3dx9_43.dll from the the base of the megapack folder, it didn’t come with one. I forgot I put it in there when I was trying to get it working. All you need to do is paste the d3dx9_43_x64.dll into the base folder and rename it to d3dx9_43.dll. That’s it.

[QUOTE=SaberWolfXM;12323]Hey, I don’t know if your still coming here (It’s been a couple of months) but I think I’ve found a solution to your problem. I was having trouble with the d3dx9_43.dill being missing from my computer. After downloading it from a dill reserve site I put it in the base folder of the 64 bit retroarch megapack and when I double clicked the retroarch.exe I got your error. After being bummed for I while I started looking in ykhwongs svn build of dosbox (I’ve been having screen tearing with dosbox games). Inside there where to versions, one was d3dx9_43.dll and the other was d3dx9_43_x64.dll.Try this. Go to http://ykhwong.x-y.net/ and download the svndosbox zip. Theres a web installer there that would probably work but I found the 7z to be easier. After downloading and unzipping look inside for the d3dx9_43_x64.dll. Copy and paste it over to the base directory of the 64 bit megapack ( where the retroarch.exe is) Now, after pasting the d3dx9_43_x64.dll look for the original d3dx9_43.dll inside the megapack folder, it should be right next to the newly pasted d3dx9_43_x64.dll. Delete it . Next right click on the d3dx9_43_x64.dll and rename it, Remove the _x64 from the name. so that instead of saying d3dx9_43_x64.dll it will say d3dx9_43.dll. Then run the retroarch.exe and see if it works. This worked for me and hopefully it will work for you. If it does reply back so others will know it works. Have a good one :slight_smile:

EDIT:!! Scratch the part about deleteing the d3dx9_43.dll from the the base of the megapack folder, it didn’t come with one. I forgot I put it in there when I was trying to get it working. All you need to do is paste the d3dx9_43_x64.dll into the base folder and rename it to d3dx9_43.dll. That’s it.[/QUOTE] This worked Perfectly. Thank-you! :slight_smile: Win 7 SP1 x64