Error 0xc000007b

I’ve been trying to use Retroarch x64 (stable and nightly builds), but when I open the executable I get this error message:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

I use Windows 7 x64. Any suggestions?

unzip the redist file you can find in the same buildbot folder together with the exe

There are a number of things that can cause this error, but it’s usually caused by trying to run a 64-bit executable in a 32-bit environment. Try the 32-bit build and see if it does the same thing.

I already did that before even attemping to open the executable the first time.

That one works, but I would like to get the x64 version working.

[QUOTE=pepecon;19496]I already did that before even attemping to open the executable the first time.

That one works, but I would like to get the x64 version working.[/QUOTE]

Weird, it works in every x64 system I’ve tested. Just to make sure, the DLLs are unzipped in the same folder as the retroarch.exe?

[QUOTE=Radius;19497]Weird, it works in every x64 system I’ve tested. Just to make sure, the DLLs are unzipped in the same folder as the retroarch.exe?[/QUOTE]

I just checked and yes, they are.

Then you may be running 32 bit windows, check your computer properties screen to make sure, or maybe a mismatched redist (32bit redist with 64bit retroarch)

I am running 64 bit Windows, 100% sure. I tried using this redist, to no avail.

That error happens when you run x64 software in x86 windows. I just tried the redist and RA in Windows 8.1 and it’s working. If this was a bug we would certainly have more than one report of this happening.

Well, that’s simply not the case here.

(It’s in spanish, but just check the circled parts.)

I also don’t have any trouble running other 64 bit apps (Dolphin, for instance).

can you print screen of your RA folder? also besides the redist you might need directx installed and up-to-date

Here you go: http://i.imgur.com/C3Jh9aH.gif

I checked and I have the lastest version of DirectX installed.

well I dunno what to say now, I tried it in a windows 7 vm, clean install and it works so the issue seems to be in your side

Hi, I’m having the exact same problem on one of my PCs… Running on a x86-64 system, tried the both the last nightly and stable releases…the same error number. Is there any suggestion on how to solve it? Thanks!

Try the 32-bit build. It shouldn’t make a big difference in your performance.

Thanks a lot hunterk! it worked A comment that perhaps helps… when I open RetroArch Win32 (I have a Win64 system), in the RetroArch black window there is this mesage: “RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to load library, error code: 0x7e”, but then it works. If I run the RetroArch Win64 version, the message appears in a popup window and RetroArch does not work at all, can’t get to the menu. Thanks a lot to everybody for this excellent software!

tl;dr:

I downloaded this file from this site (x64) version and placed it in my retroarch folder.

Long version:

I wanted to use the newest nightly because when i ran the the latest stable, it crashed after es certian time. The x64 build didn’t work so i used the x32 build. The problem was that the x32 version hast distorted sound in mame.

I tried EVERYTHING to get the x64 version to run. Reinstalled all visual c++ distributables etc…

Then i found out about a tool named dependencywalker. When i first ran it, there wasnt anything marked red on the right side (or i didn’t saw it.

I installed the directx runtime component again as a last try. Still not working…

I started dependencywalker again, an the mentioned dll file was marked as red. That should mean that the ddl file the program uses is x32 instead of x64. I copied the dll out of my “SysWOW64” folder and put it in the retroarch folder, didn’t work. Same procedure but using the dll out of my “System32” folder. Didn’t work either.

I searched for the file on google and found it on the page mentioned at the top of my post, put it in my retroarch folder and it worked. I compared the md5 hashes of the dll file i downloaded with the ones in the “System32” and “SysWOW64” folders and they are different.

Everything of Windows 10 by the way.

If this doesn’t work for you, you could try to deinstall everything that hast “visual” in its name and use this dependency package. Did that before so it could possibly be related and i thought i should mention it.

Hope this helps some those people who encountered the same problem.

Olá amigo, tive o mesmo problema com error 0xc000007b, ele foi causado pela introdução da .dll do directx na versão 32bits.

Quando iniciava o retroarch ele não encontrava o aqrquivo d3dx9_43.dll, baixei na internet e copiei na pasta system32, porem não reparei que baixei a .dll versão 32bits e começo a dar o erro citado por você.

Solução: procurei a d3dx9_43.dll na versão 64bits, substitui e agora o retroarch começou a funcionar.

Especificações: Win7 Ultimate 64bits, directx 11, retroarch 1.3.4

Espero ter ajudado