Error: Fatal error received in: "parse_input<>" XBMC/CMD Lin

When trying to run retroarch from xbmc or command line I get this error. Retroarch will run fine normally but can’t get it work through xbmc.

My guess is that your launch command is malformed somehow. Can you post your full error output?

So I browse to the folder location and run retroarch.exe -f -L “<core location>\bsnes_balanced_libretro.dll” “%ROM%” “<ROM Location>” If I remove the -L flag I get unable to load ROM.

The error in the title is the whole error message. I will get a screen capture when I am at my HTPC next

I’m confused about the “%ROM%” <rom location> part. Is that %ROM% an alias/symlink/whatever to a location on your machine? If so, does it have the same error if you unroll it? You might also need to point it to a cfg file, just to be sure. A normal CLI invocation would be: retroarch.exe -f -L C:\path o\libretro.dll -c C:\path o\config.cfg C:\path o\ROM.sfc

Oh sorry the %ROM% is stated by XBMC. I have ran the command as you specified above and get the error in this screen cap.

http://imgur.com/sOLojVZ

Hmm. It’s having trouble loading the core library. Try launching with -v (or --verbose) to see if it gives you any more info.

Launching with XBMC Advanced Launcher is tricky, here is how I do it:

<application>C:\Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.exe</application>
<args>"%rom%" --config config\htpc\retroarch.cfg --appendconfig config\htpc\custom_nes.cfg -D -L libretro
estopia_libretro.dll</args>

Of course I have all my paths setup correctly in retroarch

I will give that a go. In regards to paths mine are all set correctly although the cores path does not stay set