Escape not working after enabling hotkeys

I recently enabled hot keys and setup my controller to quit RA when I hold the left stick and press the start button but since then the Escape key no longer works to exit someone on the LaunchBox forum said that this isn’t normal behavior and that both the controller and the keyboard should be able to exit especially if the gamepad isn’t even turned on but that isn’t the case for me.

2 Likes

If you have the hotkey-enable mapped, RetroArch won’t listen for hotkey events, including ‘quit’, unless that hotkey enabler is held.

1 Like

Ok so even when the controller is turned off I have to set up a hot key for the keyboard also for escape to work? If that is the case I might as well just keep using alt+F4 like I have been since escape stopped working then. The hotkey feature for the controller is brilliant but than needing to set up a hotkey to work with the keyboard is a little strange. With no controller detected it should just revert to normal but it is what it is. Thanks for the answers guys. I’ve also seen with two Windows tablets when I setup my Ipega Bluetooth controllers that the controller doesn’t work with out being configured 1st which meant needing a Bluetooth keyboard to do the initial setup but that once I had set buttons that the keys didn’t work any longer while doing the config and that every thing had to be done with the controller after setting it up. Is this normal or should both the keyboard and controller work simultaneously.

1 Like

Ipega’s have a two different pairing modes but mine is paired as a gamepad. The funny thing is that the controller works automatically in Android but not in Windows.

It’s basically a Bluetooth replica of a 360 controller with the additional phone holder in the center. How can someone go about submitting the autoconfig profile for it for it.

I took notes on my issue, but left them @ home. So I’m posting off memory here, my hope is I am in the correct place. (apologies should I not be)

I installed Hackchi on my Genesis classic console, I’m also using Retroarch. I’m playing Sega Master system, Genesis and TG16 games on the console currently.

I’ve got it where I launch the games in fullscreen (widescreen) with scanlines, which is the desired effect I wanted. However when I simply hold down on the stock Genesis game pad (or DOWN + C) it dumps me out to the main menu (Game select menu).

I have no idea what I’ve done here, holding START for 2 SECONDS will dump to the Retroarch menu, which is great… but again simply pressing down on the gamepad dumps me out!

I’ve been unable to resolve, any help appreciated.