Espgaluda 2 not running with any arcade cores

The last time I had this game working was on a linux version of mame2016 core, but I’m using the 64 bit windows version of retroarch now and the current mame is somehow unable to play it. It loads to 94% before telling me critical files are missing and gives up. I’ve tried all the other arcade cores and nothing else works, just fail to load content. Can someone tell me what I am missing? I’m not sure if there is a bios file I missed or not, but I don’t remember installing one last time.

Looks like there might have been a recent change to the roms used. Not sure what version the current mame core in RA is at, but that could be the issue.

WIP

• 0.235: BuddyC, MetalliC and rtw added Espgaluda II (2005/11/14 MASTER VER, newer CV1000-B PCB). Note: There are two known CV1000-B PCB revisions. The newer one uses an updated FPGA firmware and has some minor hardware differences [hap]. Changed (2005/11/14 MASTER VER) to clone ‘Espgaluda II (2005/11/14 MASTER VER, original CV1000-B PCB)’. Renamed (espgal2) to (espgal2a).
1 Like

I finally found the file I needed on a japanese website. Turns out replacing the u4 in the zip file was good enough to make a working version for the latest version of mame.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem but can’t find u4 that file. I’m guessing you can’t post a link but can you give any more hints to help me find it?

searching for individual chip dumps is usually not worth the trouble. It’s typically best to just get the updated version from the get-go.