Every Nintendo DS game says data cant be created

Every Nintendo DS game I try to emulate seems to boot fine but after the title screen they all say they either cant save or cant erase data (in the case of New Super Mario Bros) and to turn off the DS and reinsert game. I have googled this issue like crazy and all I can find is people saying to change the save type. I cant for the life of me find out how to do that. Can anyone please assist?

I think that might be accessible in the core options. So, load up a game, go back into the menu and then go to options > core options.

its not there

I don’t think that one uses the SRM interface. Make sure you set your save path to a valid location.

How do I do this?

Change Settings/path settings/save directory to whatever you want

Its working for me. (64 bit core), but netplay is dead i guess.

It didnt work. Same error. New Super Mario bros just says “Cannot erase data. Turn off the DS and reinsert game card”. Every game says something close as well. Usually just that they cant create save data. All my other retroarch cores work fine. Gameboy color and GBA etc.

It’s working just fine here.

Is here maybe more information I could give you or any thing I can try at all to get this working? Im kind of in the dark here. Alot of people are posting about this very same issue online but the answer is always to change the “save type” and people are always providing instructions for how to do it on other emulators and never on retroarch

Which core do you use?

the change save type solution is for GBA as far as I know

Are you using a nightly build of the core? I remember early versions of this core having save problems that have since been fixed.

DeSmuMe

I dont think so but how do I check?

People where giving it as a solution to DS only games running on DeSmuMe. New super mario bros. for example.

People where giving it as a solution to DS only games running on DeSmuMe. New super mario bros. for example.

[QUOTE=Kozar927;21679]DeSmuMe

I dont think so but how do I check?

People where giving it as a solution to DS only games running on DeSmuMe. New super mario bros. for example.[/QUOTE]

I mean you can build core from source. It works fine for me.

I dont know what this post means : / maybe you could explain more? Is there a place to check my version or something to see if its up to date?

You can right click the core .dll in your cores folder, click Properties and look at the Modified date to see how old it is. The latest Win64 build of the core is available here. Just unzip that into your cores folder.

This worked perfectly. Thanks

Anyone know how to change my save path back to <ROM DIR> I cant figure it out. Is there like a default settings option?

press start in the save directory option