Exclusive full screen + vsync bug possibly on glupen

This is all on windows 10 using a 120hz monitor and using the glupen core, issues occur regardless of audio sync settings and i get 100 fps in the area when i uncap it.

When using exclusive fullscreen + vsync im getting major slowdowns even with 100+ fps in certain areas of banjo kazooie. With retroarchs refresh rate(RR) set to 120 vsync interval 2 AND with RR set to 60 vsync interval 1. But 120 RR vsync interval 1 gets rid of the slowdowns but I’m not sure why.

Playing in a window or borderless window gets rid of the slowdown issues also regardless of whether i have retroarch set to 60 or 120 refresh rate. I’m doing the samething with a save state with all the different settings

To simplify when retroarchs refresh rate is set to 60 or 120 and in windowed mode frame rate is fine with windows builtin vsync, but the ONLY fullscreen exclusive mode that doesnt get very choppy with vsync enabled is refresh rate set to 120 and vsync swap interval has to be set to 1.

So not sure if maybe glupen has issues with exclusive fullscreen or with vsync.

nm, the answer to all my questions is basically triple buffering. enabling it makes fullscreen exclusive perform the same as windowed