Exit Game on Shield TV 3.2

I have to just be missing something but how do I exit a game/go back to RetroArch on a Shield TV running 3.2 firmware? The back button on the controller does nothing and neither does pressing the Nvidia button, I have to hit the home button and then go and force stop Retroarch before it will let me go in to choose another Core or Game.

Hold the nvidia button for a second or two and it will take you back to the menu.

there was an input bug fix in a recent version (1.3.4 nightly I think) it made my Nvidia button less responsive. Give it a few taps mine still works just a little more picky. Not a problem btw

Also if you have enable hotkey on you need to press that also to actively the Nvidia menu button as its a hotkey

I turned on the “R+L+Down+Y” hotkey to go to menu.

Ok I don’t think that worked for me on Shield but dont remember testing much as I have my own combos for stuff. I set enable hotkey to R2

Thanks, All. My issue was simply an ID10T error on my part… I had a very old version installed. Uninstalled and then installed the Play Store version and all is well.