Experiences with nightlies

oh man, good shit :smiley:

Thanks for the correction!

Great !! Thanks a lot for the info. i will play it right now :wink:

Thanks a lot Radius! I had a play around with the audio latency and it totally solved the problem. Its now set to 96 and thereā€™s no lag. Thanks again!

I canā€™t get the ppsspp core to run Vice City Stories,just a black screen and no crashing,but on the Play Store 1.0.0.2 version. It runs on the main PPSSPP app just fine.

What is the directory required for the ppsspp core on RetroArch? If I need the newer build,fix the damn binding controls for JellyBean so I can actually use it!

fix the damn binding controls? sorry boss Iā€™m so sorry Iā€™ll hurry up and make that fix just for you (NOPE) you need to place ppge_atlas.zim in YOUR_SYSTEMDIR\PPSSPP\ and fonts in YOUR_SYSTEMDIR\PPSSPP\flash0\font

Sorry,it just gets frustrating that I am stuck with 1.0.0.2 because all newer builds donā€™t let me use anything besides touch controls. (and without a touchscreen on FireTV) The JellyBean bindings fix has already been found and it is only ONE line to nullify for non-Kitkat versions of Android so JellyBean can work again while only Kitkat uses the line. One commit on a nightly update,and all of this can be put behind us.

Boss: Whereā€™s those papers I asked for ten minutes ago! :stuck_out_tongue: XD

where is this fix you mention?

Iā€™m guessing retroben is referring to what I believe to be the cause of the broken gamepad input on versions of Android older than KitKat. :slight_smile:

How do we add and get cheats working? Selecting it when a game is running gets me stuck with no way of backing out and no visible condition of actually typing in one. I had to use Alt+Tab just to escape from it.

Is it planned to be added on the main menu settings?

I have no idea of what youā€™re talking aboutā€¦ cheats work just fine

[video]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/149537/Videos/Desktop%2027.feb.2015%20-%2020.28.40.03%20-%201.mp4[/video]

It has nothing to do about them not working,I am asking HOW do I get it up and running myself? Currently no cheats listed on mine because I donā€™t have a premade cheat file,and hitting the ā€œadd new cheatā€ option through RGUI when in-game shows a small message that is inescapable by normal means.

How do I start using cheats on RetroArch? It is completely different since cheats are a recently added feature to RetroArch from not too long ago. Is there a dedicated file I need to download?

The cheat db should be included with the nightlies. If not let me know.

If itā€™s alright, Iā€™d like to add my experience. I tested the 2-21 nightly on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and couldnā€™t get a game to bootā€¦ RGUI kept showing up instead, and with no overlay. I rebooted the phone and set an overlay twice. This finally let me run a game (and with an overlay), but this would only work once, and controller inputs would not respond. After closing this game, my paths had reset. Hopefully this helps, Iā€™m going back to the Play Store version.

What controller? try cleaning data/cache and trying again, config might not be compatible with previous versions

What version of Android does that device have?

Donā€™t forget to download a matching core through the Manage Cores option first,it is easier that way and does not require root. (SNES9x or SNES9x Next for Super Mario World.smc,for example) The original idea was to take MUCH less space on installing it,but you download each core individually as needed so you donā€™t have to stockpile all of them.

Test a later nightly build,I was surprised that it actually saved RGUI settings properly when quitting on my end with a newer build. I think mine was the 2/26 build added on the 27th. Try setting custom bindings,THEN enable autoconfig to see if you get the same luck I got by doing it this way.

I still need a way to switch back to the RGUI from the game (without the touch screen) using only the game padā€¦

Any Idea ?

Thatā€™s one of the things that makes me wish retroarch was ported during the built-in keypad times,that way it would have dedicated keyboard etc. support. You will have to find the right action to map onto your gamepad by first entering RGUI via touchscreen (Retropad onscreen) or directly boot RGUI from the new top option that is a coreless menu access. (I totally forgot about that)

You need to bind menu to a button. Personally I use L3/R3. L3 as hotkey toggle and R3 as menu. So I have to hold L3 and press R3 to to back.

What is ā€œhockey toggleā€ ?

And what should I do to configure this in the cfg file ?

It was hotkey, I was typing from my phone. You donā€™t need to do it in the file, do i in RGUI, look for hotkey enable