[EXTREMELY MINOR IRRITANT] Taksbar appears upon booting a game

…Hey!

I understand there are worse things going on in the world right now, but when I load any game with RetroArch 1.3.2, the taskbar shows up and must be alt+tabbed out of. I don’t know why this is happening but it didn’t on 1.3.0. I’m using Windows 7 Professional, and I’m sure it’s a dumb simple fix that I just am not aware of.

If anybody knows the solution, let me know? Or I guess I can just keep hitting alt+tab. I dunno, it’s not that major. Just annoying.

EDIT: Well I did some poking around and this minor registry edit fixed the problem nicely. Note: I have seen it advised vehemently to ALWAYS back up your registry before editing.

[B]Steps to disable flashing icon on Taskbar - Windows 7[/B]

[ol] [li]Click the Start icon [/li]> [li]Type in regedit [/li]> [li]Select regedit from the top of the result [/li]> [li]Go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop [/li]> [li]Editing ForegroundFlashCount[/li]> [LIST=1] [li]Find ForegroundFlashCount [/li]> [li]Double click ForegroundFlashCount [/li]> [li]Replace the value for Value Data with 1 [/li]> [/ol]

[li]Editing ForgroundLockTimeout[/li]> [ol] [li]Find ForegroundLockTimeout [/li]> [li]Double click ForegroundLockTimeout [/li]> [li]Replace the value for Value Data with 0 [/li]> [/ol]

[li]Reboot [/li]> [/LIST]

Someone on that forum asked the question whether to direct the value entry to Decimal, or just leave it on Hexadecimal. I left it on Hexadecimal and it fixed it. The taskbar no longer flashes a yellow icon when a program is trying to notify you.

So if anyone has this problem, and is not terrified of editing their registry, here’s a clean simple fix.