Failed to find subsystem

Can someone help me to load a submodule? I try to open a GB Game with that command:

retroarch -L /usr/lib/libretro/bsnes_performance_libretro.so Super\ Game\ Boy\ 2\ (Japan).sfc --subsystem sgb Pokemon\ -\ Blaue\ Edition\ (Germany).gb

But I get that response:

RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to find subsystem “sgb” in libretro implementation.

The Paths configured so:

system_directory = “~/retro/” content_directory = “~/retro/”

(Did try the direct path too) sgb.boot.rom is included in ~/retro/

Use this version:

RetroArch: Frontend for libretro – v1.2.2

sha1sum from sgb.boot.rom is

aa2f50a77dfb4823da96ba99309085a3c6278515

Works fine here in Windows using the exact same command you have posted. I tried it in linux when you made your other post (try to keep things in one thread, btw; it’s not a big deal but it makes it harder for people to search for answers later) and only got a black screen but it didn’t give me any issues with the subsystem.

I guess you might try some of the other bsnes cores, such as the mercury variety, to see if they act any differently.

I’m going to delete your other post to avoid confusion.

EDIT: while going to delete it, I noticed that your packages are super-old. Are you using my old PPA? If so, you should purge it and use the libretro/testing PPA instead.

Hi, thanks for testing.

I did post this here, course I notified that i ask that in the Windows section, later.

Did try some another libretro cores, but it can’t find the subsystem anyway. And I did update Retroarch, compiled the github version 1.2.2

RetroArch: Frontend for libretro – v1.2.2Compiler: GCC (4.8.4) 64-bitBuilt: Dec 6 2015

It doesn’t work on linux, I brought it up once, it doesn’t seem to hit the correct codepath.