Failed to load state

I installed the latest version 3 nights ago and have been playing various titles from various consoles with no issue, saving and loading states without an issue until last night.

Last night i rescanned my directory and it duplicated several games and also would not load save states. I fixed the duplicates and in doing so hoped that would fix the loading states issue, but it has not. I looked through my files and the states are there and in the correct location retroarch says it’s attempting to load from, but i still get a “failed to load state from…” message every time i attempt to load my state. This issue occurs on every game i’ve saved a state on aside from one snes game, so i’m confused and really would like some help to resolve this, as i would hate to lose all those hours of playing.

Just now it failed to load this state i was referring to as well. i’ve made no changes to anything and took a break from playing and came back minutes later to not be able to continue where i left off.

Make sure it is still loading from the same state. I know for me sometimes I accidentally change the state slot number which will make it not load. the default is slot 0, so make sure it still says 0 when you go to load the state.