Failed to set up netplay sockets?

Hey there so I have no idea what I am doing wrong but for some reason netplay just will not work on my PC. It works fine on my friends PC but as for mine I get an error: “Failed to set up netplay sockets” and then it says: “Failed to init netplay”. Any idea what I can do to fix this issue? I have tried port forwarding and opening ports on my firewall but same issue. I am using the default TCP/UDP 55435 ports.

Turn off firewall

Definitely not something I should have nor want to do. My friends works fine but mine won’t any different suggestions?

What retroarch version are you using, also what OS version and architecture?

I have Windows 8.1 64-BIT. I am using the April 30th nightly build. When I posted this I was trying to use the most recent stable release at the time. Both I and my friend were using the exact same version of the program. Is there something that I need to put in differently for when I am hosting IP Address wise than my friend?

Well that’s odd I’m on windows 8.1 64bit and it works fine too When you are server you just enable netplay and disable netplay client

[QUOTE=Radius;22135]Well that’s odd I’m on windows 8.1 64bit and it works fine too When you are server you just enable netplay and disable netplay client[/QUOTE]

Hmmm… well what do you need to put for the ip address when hosting? Maybe I am doing something wrong. Or maybe cause I have a VPN program installed it messed with it idk. I’ve tried with the VPN off and on to see if that makes a difference but nope same issue… Probably doesn’t have anything to do with it but who knows.

Nothing in the server

Okay so when hosting you put no ip in… Dang I tried that and same thing happens…