Fast Forward won't go past 60fps

I’m having some trouble with Fast Forward. Initially I thought it wasn’t fast forwarding at all, but after trying some PAL titles (running at 50hz) I’m noticing it’s just that FF won’t push the speed past 60fps.

I had issue with Fast Forward not working at all a few years ago, but I’ve checked everything that was involved last time. My max runspeed is set to 4x. Vsync is ‘on’ in video settings. In my AMD Driver I have vsync set to “off unless application specifies” (vsync being forced was my problem last time).

I do have a frame rate limit in AMD set to 60fps, though this has ‘always’ been set. Either way I tried disabling it just for the sake of being thorough and it didn’t change anything. I also tried updating the AMD Drivers, but again no change.

Is there something else I’m not seeing? The only things that changed recently in my setup was an upgrade to the latest stable release. I just tried switching to the latest nightly, but that didn’t fix it. I also had switched to glcore for video, but if I switch back to gl there’s no change either.

Not sure where else to look or how to fix it.

I guess try a previous stable and/or a fresh config. Which core(s) is it, btw?

I def haven’t tried a fresh config - I’ll give that a go next. I hadn’t realized till now the previous stable versions were still hosted on buildbot - I’ll check that out as well.

So far it’s been affecting every core; Gens, FCEU, Higan, SNES9x, beetle_psx_hw, Mupenplusnext, dolphin, mgba, picodrive, etc etc.

1 Like

I tried a fresh install on both the current nightly and 1.6.7. It’s all the same result - can’t fast forward past 60fps. :frowning:

Ok, if it used to work but now it doesn’t and rolling back to a previous version doesn’t fix it, it’s probably not internal to RetroArch, unfortunately. I know you mentioned that it definitely wasn’t your driver this time, but it pretty much has to be something like that :shrug:

1 Like

That’s kind of what I was thinking. I just know it’s not the ‘same’ issue I was having with my driver last time. I’ll keep tinkering around with the AMD drivers. I appreciate your help.

1 Like

FOUND IT. It was RivasTuner.

It had a 60fps limit set for the whole PC. It’s just not my weekend for this lol. I’ve got another issue where it keeps randomly freezing as soon as I launch a game, but I’m feeling like if I make a post on it, I’ll find the solution immediately after. ahhhhh…

2 Likes