FB Alpha 0.2.97.38 (problems with Psikyo games)

Hello! I wanted to tell you that I’ve been facing strange problems with RetroArch nightly (29/AUG) while trying to load the following Psikyo games using "fbalpha_libretro_android.so:

• Tengai - tengai.zip / tengaij.zip: Can´t even load these romsets, RetroArch directly force closes after trying to load any/both of them. However, MAME core loads those sets without problems (except it goes slow, but that’s another story).

• Mahjong G-Taste - mjgtaste.zip: Game surpasses screen limits (width is duplicated and right half can’t be seen) and shows mostly blue/magenta inverted colors. RetroArch FCs first time game is loaded.

• Sol Divide - soldivid.zip: Game surpasses screen limits (width is duplicated and right half can’t be seen) and shows mostly blue/magenta inverted colors.

• Dragon Blaze - dragnblz.zip: Game surpasses screen limits (height and width) and shows mostly blue/magenta inverted colors.

• Daraku Tenshi - daraku.zip: Game surpasses screen limits (width is duplicated and right half can’t be seen) and shows mostly blue/magenta inverted colors. RetroArch FCs first time game is loaded.

Someone else reported the same behavior with Dragon Blaze. Could be a regression from the new core.

Does it work okay with the FBA 2012 core?

Hi, friend! After testing with fbalpha2012_libretro_android.so (FB Alpha 2012 core, 0.2.97.30), these are the results:

• Tengai - tengai.zip / tengaij.zip: Game worked as expected.

• Mahjong G-Taste - mjgtaste.zip: Game worked as expected.

• Sol Divide - soldivid.zip: Game worked as expected. RetroArch FCs after game was closed for first time.

• Dragon Blaze - dragnblz.zip: Game worked as expected. RetroArch FCs after game was closed for first time.

• Daraku Tenshi - daraku.zip: Game worked as expected.

So, as you said, it could be a regresion. Do you think these things could be fixed on fbalpha main core? or I’m forced to use both cores always? …I don’t know why 2012 core was made…

2012 core has been around for a long time; it’s a snapshot of the old core, in fact. We made an updated core without getting rid of the old one and they had confusing names for a long time (fba-libretro and fb_alpha-libretro or something like that), so we renamed the old one to 2012.

You can make an issue about the regression on the github repo for the new core but otherwise, yeah, just use the 2012 version for those games.

Yes, my friend… I remember to have seen that “fb_alpha” thing months ago.

OK, I’d like to report this issue, but I’m not related to the correct/complete procedure. Could you point me to the right direction, please? What should I do to report this well?

Thanks in advance!

Go here:

Create a new issue and explain what’s going on. You can link to this thread for context.

Seems to be that problem was fixed with the updates applied for FB Alpha 0.2.97.39. Thank you so much!