FB Alpha SVN core + neogeo + savestates

Hi! im using 32bits of retroarch, winxp

Can someone check savestates the neogeo games in FB Alpha SVN core? every savestate i do, works ok while retroarch is open, if i close retroarch, open again, the savestates are broken, the game freeze or other stuff

I tested in multiple games, all same, for example KOF99

Try using retroarch latest nightly, also exit retroarch using the quit retroarch option in menu.

Hi radius,

yes, this is one the first things i did, try to load the savestates after the bios… is the “other stuff” i say in my first post. Sorry, my english is not good, and i can not explain myself

For example, in KOF95, i did a savestate in character selection screen… if i load the savestate during bios, i get a freeze… but if i load after bios, i get the “other stuff” problems, can be strange colors, no sound… glitches…

For now i tested other games, and the problems are not only neogeo, CPS1, CPS2, CPS3 have problems too

I realize about something, “biggest” the game, more problems when load a savestate

For example, Final Fight, savestates work OK, Street Fighter Alpha 2 freeze or sound glitches, Street Fighter 3 3rd strike even hang retroarch!!

Sorry to double post, someone report this bug?

And another question about retroarch, the savestates code, is in retroarch or in the core? let me explain myself better, when i save a state, is the core who do, or retroarch did the savestate?

Thanks

Radius opened an issue and poked around at it some:

Savestates are mostly a libretro/core thing. It’s a common function to many cores, so there’s a way for the frontend to tell the core “hey, we need a savestate, so make it happen.”

[QUOTE=hunterk;39703]Radius opened an issue and poked around at it some:

Savestates are mostly a libretro/core thing. It’s a common function to many cores, so there’s a way for the frontend to tell the core “hey, we need a savestate, so make it happen.”[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot, im happy the bug is reported

And thans for answer, im cheking retroarch code, and i tried to understand it