FBA Arcade for emulate Neo Geo games: is it possible to activate ips?

Hi i have the Final Burn Alpha latest version for pc. I use same roms for the FBA Arcade for Retroarch because I read that it is the best emulator for Neo geo in Retroarch and the roms are the same.

Well, In Final Burn Alphan it is possible to activate ips cheat for some games. Is it possible to activate them in FBAlpha for Retroarch too?

thanks!

cheats are enabled in retroarch, not entirely sure if its compatible. currently there is no fba cheats in online updater. a little conversion of cheats from standalone fba should probably work.

The best way would be to use the neogeo unibios.

The latest version is for supporters but the other version are free to download.

Yeah, that’s the best way. You activate cheats menu by simultaneously pressing coin + start.

thanks! so i download the unibios free and i put it into the rom folder. then I simply run a FBA Neo Geo game and then i push coin+start in order to enter in the cheat menu? I don’t need ips files, am I right?

thanks

I totally forgot about unibios…

That’s gonna be a HUGE problem.

Select+Start is my “Exit Emulator” Hotkey lol

Have to move some controls about.

Did you read the “How it works”. I use this in a RetroPie Setup and i did not change any button configs at all.

It’s probably just because of how my controls are setup.

Coin=Select Start=Start

in order to exit the emulator, I hold select and press start.

So, Coin+Start (in my case) would just exit RetroArch.

I also have the same setup but my coin button correspond to select.

The following codes are available in game only; (START)+(SELECT) In Game Menu

(START)+(COIN)		In Game Menu

(START)+(A)+(B)+(C)	In Game Menu

Hi, mame roms are not my specialty, so I will make a noob question. I just setup Retroarch to play mame roms, through Rocketlauncher. I use FB Alpha core and I notice that not all games runs well. I think my romset is 0.179 or something.

Do i need this bios to mak all the games compatible to play on Retroarch from this website?:

You are using mame romset, you need fbalpha romset.

I see, so that brings me another question. Can I convert the 0.170 romset or 0.18 romset to fbalpha?

I didn’t even know that there was a fbalpha romset lol

I don’t think it’s possible but if you find the answer please tell me lol :smile: I have some underground mame only roms that I wish I could run on fba.

1 Like