FBA Compatibility List

Just thought I would post this list in case anyone might find it useful. I have updated the file to include Sengoku 3 as playable. If there are any other ROMS that are now in a playable status, please feel free to update the file and reupload it and I can update the original post.

Credit to Groose for creating the original list.

https://anonfiles.com/file/ff266257e37b … c8dbeaf065

Hey Charco! Thanks for the update! I hardly have any time to play with, let alone test RetroArch these days but I’m still lurking =) Good to see you keeping track of the changes, much appreciated!

No problem :slight_smile:

Maybe one day we’ll get to update Garou: Mark of the Wolves as playable!

Bro that’s a wet dream right there lol :lol:

I pointed this out in the FBA thread on the Implementations board, since it’s more of a core issue than a Wii issue, but it seems like most of the games listed here as having controls that aren’t hooked up are still in the same state. Many of these seem like they’re otherwise compatible with the libretro port of FBA, so they seem like a good way to up the compatibility rate without needing a great deal of code changes. A few “notable” (according to me) games with fixable (i.e. not paddle, light gun, etc.) control issues:

[ul] [li]Sega’s Angel Kids (angelkds)[/:m:1wov983i][/li][li]Atari’s Tetris (atetris)[/:m:1wov983i][/li][li]Psikyo’s Battle K-Road (btlkroad)[/:m:1wov983i][/li][li]Sega’s Bullet (bullet)[/:m:1wov983i][/li][li]Capcom’s Forgotten Worlds (forgottn)[/:m:1wov983i][/li][li]Mitchell’s Funky Jet (funkyjet)[/:m:1wov983i][/li][li]Sega’s Space Harrier (sharrier)[/:m:1wov983i][/li][li]Sega’s Quartet (quartet)[/*:m:1wov983i][/ul][/li] *Quartet is actually playable via the quartet2 clone. The original game has a four-player layout, while quartet2 is the same game for two players. The latter has fully mapped controls.

I might be biased, but I believe these are all reasonably popular or at least interesting games by known developers. There’s a lot of mahjong stuff and “undress the lady” games with no controls mapped, but I can’t bring myself to care about those enough to advocate for them.

I’ve changed xls file to make it more script-friendly. Put platform to the last column, renamed few statuses, deleted duplicate headers. Also i’ve wrote a simple PowerShell script to automate sorting. You can get them both here: https://anonfiles.com/file/3aa56cbb402a … c86cc9c577

In my collection script can’t find just three games from the xls: karnov.zip, 1945kiii.zip & kf2k3pcb.zip. Also there are a lot of files left after job was done, it’s non-mentioned in table clones & so.

Also don’t worry about the error in the beginning of the script, I’ve forgot to process it by the try-catch method, it’s just mean that script can’t detect current path by the one of a many ways. And there is no progress messages so just sit and wait until it finish to sort all your games by folders and command prompt reappear.

I guess we can now add Zombie Raid to the list: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIAeLpg … ata_player

Interesting. It looks though as the reticule is controlled by analog stick, whick sucks compared to wiimote IR, but it is better than nothing.

I hope other lightgun games work too, like operation Wolf or Operation Thunder…

Download: https://anonfiles.com/file/696bf886b4b6 … 90c9c7d08e Mirror: http://filetrip.net/wii-downloads/emula … 32725.html

Wii’s FBA Compatibility List changes:

• Added (almost?) all supported clones, their “Status” & “Description” are copied from the parent game. May differ so should be tested.
  • Added Capcom CPS 3 titles (I know it’s too “Too demanding for the Wii CPU”, just for completeness)
  • Document saved as xlsx (Excel 2007+)
  • Column “Driver” replaced by “Parent” for clones
  • Column “Status” is autocolored now, colors are less aggressive
  • Long names of the clones are trimmed as in the source file.
  • Table’s title is pinned
  • Autofilter applied
  • Zombie Raid marked as WORKING (see previous forum messages).

Auto-sorting script’s changes:

• Shouldn’t show errors in most cases anymore.
  • Made it’s output a little more verbose.

Nice, thanks for your work on this :slight_smile:

Can anyone else verify that there’s been a regression in compatibility, re: The Berlin Wall (berlwall)? It doesn’t seem to display sprites on my end, all that’s visible are the backgrounds (photos of the Berlin Wall and people celebrating and stuff … it’s a weird game). I can insert coins and such and see that the game is “working”, it’s just not displaying any of the actual game layers. The compatibility list currently has berlwall as WORKING, so it looks like either a regression or something wrong on my end.

EDIT: Well, I dropped down to 0.9.9 and saw identical behavior, so I think it’s likely that this game has never worked in RetroArch and the compatibility list is simply mistaken.

I did mention this already in the Final Burn Alpha thread, but I thought I might as well post it here for those who missed it:

I’ve added a bunch of additional button mappings to the core which make Turbo Outrun, F-1 Grand Prix, Gals Pinball, Tetris, Battle K-Road and other games playable now.

I did take a look at Quartet too, but I have no idea why it isn’t working. The controls are hooked up properly, but the game doesn’t seem to recognize them for some reason.

Strikers 1945 is marked as working but it gives me code dump in 1.0.01 and 1.0.0.2. Is it working for you guys?

It actually does not work, at least on GC.

Great resource to have this list, thank you. Through a rough process of elimination of knowing max ROM size and mostly trial and error testing, I have gotten a reduced compatibility list going for the GameCube port of FBA. If you would like to split the status column for your list out to maybe Wii and GC, I’d be more than happy to contribute.

I’ve forked off the GameCube compatibility discussion to a separate thread

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2085

Guys. I was wondering if it was possible (or if it would be possible) to display the ACTUAL names of the game sinstead of te zipped files names? Like MAME Wi does… I was thinking that maybe a titles.txt like USB loaders use would do it? As it stands is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to select a game based on the name of the zip file. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hi, I could not find a sticky for the latest stable build 1.3.

This is what I found so far regarding FBA. In the arcade game "Turtles 2, Konami ( remake on snes turles in time ) I found the level Neon Nightriders ins unplayable, the sprites are uncontrollable on the bottom of the screen. Hopefully there will be a fix.

If a save state is needed I can supply it.

Stop bumping old threads and cross-posting across multiple threads. Both behaviors are frowned about on Internet forums in general, and just as much on this one.