FBA Core Version in Android?

[QUOTE=diablodiab;39204]I suppose so: http://lindqvist.synology.me/shield/fb_alpha_libretro_android.zip

Keep in mind though it was compiled quickly and dirty, so there might be problems when you start testing it thoroughly. I’m still going to work on getting it to compile with the buildbot.[/QUOTE]

Nice, keep the good work man, btw that fba core version is 0.2.97.38 so almost all pgm games should run on android now, testing right now.

[QUOTE=diablodiab;39204]I suppose so: http://lindqvist.synology.me/shield/fb_alpha_libretro_android.zip

Keep in mind though it was compiled quickly and dirty, so there might be problems when you start testing it thoroughly. I’m still going to work on getting it to compile with the buildbot.[/QUOTE]

thank you.

keep the good work man

I tried but didn’t work for me. I replaced the core, set permissions to rw---- as the previous core, but when I try load core inside RA, it doesn’t load it. Well, I will have to wait for an official release in buildbot I guess. I am using latest nightly.

If you want to play 0.2.97.38 games on android, try Fba4Droid latest version. It’s a fast emu, not as good as Retroarch , but it’s good.

0.2.97.38 work great in s6 playing the gladiator.

Lollipop 5.1.1

[QUOTE=brujo5;39271]0.2.97.38 work great in s6 playing the gladiator.

Lollipop 5.1.1[/QUOTE]

Did yoy do anything special? I tried in my device replacing the core and setting permissions, but although the core is recognized , when I load core it doesn’t show up as loaded…

I have to use fba4droid unfortunately to play the Gladiator or Spetral Vs generation from PGM

[QUOTE=skelton;39274]Did yoy do anything special? I tried in my device replacing the core and setting permissions, but although the core is recognized , when I load core it doesn’t show up as loaded…

I have to use fba4droid unfortunately to play the Gladiator or Spetral Vs generation from PGM[/QUOTE]

only placed the core in /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/

i use the latest retroarch from buildbot

Weird, I did the same steps. I will try with a fresh install.

Edit, got it working without changing permissions of the file. Weird but it’s working.

Thanks for the hard work. Punch Out (newer romset) works great!

Is this only for rooted devices ?

It should be available in the normal core updater very soon - hopefully later today.

I was able to move the cores to a different directory on internal memory, but the directory doesn’t save to the default profile (saving a new one and loading it at startup works, though). However, when I mentioned this in another post, I was told that the core directory couldn’t be changed. The cores load fine from the directory.

The new fba is already in the online updater, awesome work diablodiab! Guys test for bugs.

One note though: At the moment the core is not named correctly in the online updater.

It is called “fba_libretro_libretro” instead of just “fba_libretro”. This should be fixed next time the core compiles - I’m guessing after there has been a change to the sources.

Thanks man

Guys you can rename the new fba core from the online updater to fba_libretro_android.so, so that it has a name in retroarch cores list.

I don’t have root on my nvidia shield tv and I need to rename the core my fe uses to this latest core, without root I can’t see the name of this core. The current one is “fb_alpha_libretro_android.so”, what is the name of this latest one please ?

The core name has now been updated correctly on the buildbot to “fba_libretro_android”.

I have 2 cores in mine.

Arcade (FB Alpha - SVN) Arcade (FB Alpha)

The SVN plays everything but my fe uses the standard core. I’ve updated using the core updater and the standard core is still the old version.