FBA Core Version in Android?

Hi, I would like to know which version of FBA is the FBA cores based on. I say that because according to the repo it seems it has been updated to 0.2.97.36:

However, when I load the core in my Android device it says 0.2.97.30. Also, I cannot load the game “The Gladiator”, a PGM game that needs 0.2.97.35 I think as a minimum. (I can load that game in aFBA but I don’t like that emu at all). Other PGM games like demont front, or martial masters run perfectly.

So, is the FBA core updated to 0.2.97.36 or it’s 0.2.97.30?

It’s just curiosity, because I want to know if there is something wrong with my “the galdiator” rom or if simply doesn’t work with this core.

Thanks so much for the hard work making Retroarch for Android.

I’ve been wondering about this too… On my PC, FBA is 0.2.97.36, but on my Android devices, it’s 0.2.97.30, with the buggy sound in Neo Geo games…

Yeah, Android uses the old version. The new version doesn’t have a makefile for Android yet. It’ll be available once that’s done.

Thanks very much for the answer

Is there a reason why this still hasn’t been updated? There are sound issues in 0.2.97.30. that have been fixed in the recent releases…

Any news on this guys? The gladiator is such a good beat them up, I really want to uninstall that crappy afba emulator.

Use mame 2014/2015

Full speed in new devices like galaxy S6

iOS have the FBA svn core 0.2.97.36, the gladiator work perfect.

I miss that android does not have it

So are the Mame 2003 and 2014 cores working on android?

Any chance to update this core to a more modern FBA romset? With the current one, some<PGM games are no recognized, like Spectral vs Generation or The Gladiator /Both PGM titles). I can play them in fba4droid, but I prefer how Retroarch emulates FBa

Guys is someone willing to write the JNI makefile? it seems that is the only thing preventing this core from getting updated.

Hey man. I use fba4droid too. It’s good, but for me it has a couple of issues. So i was meaning to ask another person that uses it. Do you notice the games getting a little jerky every 10 - 15 seconds while having the Multi Thread option activated? The sound stays perfect but the image gets a little choppy for like 3 seconds. It is not very noticeable, but it does throw you off your combos :stuck_out_tongue: On the other hand, if you deactivate the Multi Threaded option (the way i prefer to play), the image is always smooth, but the sound has small latency issues every 10 - 15 seconds.(small audio cracks) Is it the same for you? I use Samsung Galaxy S2 with performance governor activated.

I don’t know what these guys at Retroarch did with the FBA core but it plays absolutely perfect in every way.

[QUOTE=RaduNastase;38457]Hey man. I use fba4droid too. It’s good, but for me it has a couple of issues. So i was meaning to ask another person that uses it. Do you notice the games getting a little jerky every 10 - 15 seconds while having the Multi Thread option activated? The sound stays perfect but the image gets a little choppy for like 3 seconds. It is not very noticeable, but it does throw you off your combos :stuck_out_tongue: On the other hand, if you deactivate the Multi Threaded option (the way i prefer to play), the image is always smooth, but the sound has small latency issues every 10 - 15 seconds.(small audio cracks) Is it the same for you? I use Samsung Galaxy S2 with performance governor activated.

I don’t know what these guys at Retroarch did with the FBA core but it plays absolutely perfect in every way.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I don’t have these problems with fba4droid, perhaps fba4droid is more demanding than your device, or your device is not 60 hz screen refresh rate. I run it in my GPD XD and fb4droid works perfect, I prefer RA FBA core though

Thank you for your answer!

I managed to compile the core manually. There are some #define conflicts with the Android SDK and some other stuff. At the moment I don’t have an easy fix, but I will look into it at a later date. I suppose I can provide a manually compiled core for the buildbot site if that makes any sense…?

I’ll look into it and provide a diff or something that you can look at.

This is how I hacked it into compiling for Android: https://github.com/diablodiab/libretro-fba/commit/d615ed7289dcfd86ba96721e87f266fe0f712a1f

That is awesome diablodiab!

Before we pop the champagne there are still some issues to get sorted out. The hacks I did in the commit are not pretty and breaks compilation for some other systems, so we will still need to find a proper solution. This was mostly just to show that it is possible to compile it.

Any chance you share your compiled core? I have my device rooted, so I can replace and set permissions I guess to test it.

I suppose so: http://lindqvist.synology.me/shield/fb_alpha_libretro_android.zip

Keep in mind though it was compiled quickly and dirty, so there might be problems when you start testing it thoroughly. I’m still going to work on getting it to compile with the buildbot.