FBA scanning help

I am using Retroarch 1.3.4 on windows 10 64 bit. I have everything set up and working great, no problem. since the FBA scanning was recently added I have set up a cps1 and cps2 rom set.I have scanned them with clrmamepro against the FBA 0.2.97.30 Dat file since that is the version on the fba arcade core. I I select any game through load content it will load and work fine but when I try to scan the directory only 4 of the roms I have show up. I checked a few of my roms against the FBA database inside retroarch and all the check-sums are different then my actual roms, but play fine otherwise and clrmamepro says they are all good. Is there something I have messed up on my part to end up with different check-sums then your database or a certain way of zipping, or did I just relay screw up :).

There are actually 2 versions of FBA-libretro and the database may be checking against the *.38 version.

I just setup some Final Burn stuff the past 2 days. My romset is actual 0.2.97.36. But yeah, as hunterk said you got 2 FBA cores, plus three others for CPS1, CPS2, and Neo-Geo. Currently, these are the versions for each…

fba_libretro.dll = v0.2.97.38 fb_alpha_libretro.dll = v0.2.97.30 fb_alpha_cps1_libretro.dll = v0.2.97.30 fb_alpha_cps2_libretro.dll = v0.2.97.30 fb_alpha_neo_libretro.dll = v0.2.97.30

Thanks I have finally got most of it working after some file comparing and a long night of trial and error. It seem’s the 0.2.97.30 roms crc match Perfectly when they are torrentzipped, I have torrentzipped all my cps roms and now they all show up in the xmb and all the crc’s match except 5 of them. don’t know why torentzipping made a difference but it seem’s to be what was needed. At any rate since I still have a 5 roms still not wanting to match crc or show up I will try to experiment with different dats from different versions of fba as you said starting with .38.

Alright I just re-scanned all my roms with FBA v0.2.97.38 dat and the 5 games that was not showing up had some different files they have been updated and torentzipped now all of them are showing up and working. It took me a while to figure out they all had to be torrentzipped :slight_smile: but it gave me something to do. Thanks for the help.

Not sure why you had to re-zip them? A proper set should have worked by default. I guess you did something wrong when running clrmamepro, but that’s understandable.