Fbneo: how to force japan bios in core options dip switch?

Hi, I use fbneo on my shield tv to emulate neogeo on hyperspin. I have 2 roms folders for AES and MVS device in order to have 2 separate wheels on hyperspin. I succefully launch the right mode for each folder using the save “per content” option. So my neogeo MVS wheel on hyperspin launch games in arcade mode. And my neogeo AES wheel on hyperspin launch games in console mode. My problem is the bios revision. I can’t force japan bios to launch each game and must manually change it for each game. Is there an override option to choose and keep for all games the japan bios in dipswitch section ? (By default it’s the mvs asia europe bios choosen each time) Thanks Regards

No you can’t, more precise bios selection requires you go through the per-game dipswitch method.

Ok thanks so I need to create for each game an .opt file with the bios selectionned ? thanks

Hmmm, i’m thinking of rewriting the logic behind the “neogeo mode” core option, this wasn’t written by me and i was never totally satisfied with it tbh, i’ll try to let you know when i’m done.

2 Likes

ok thanks it would be perfect if you could implement this setting in order to keep the last bios selected for all games. thanks again for your future workaround regards

Done, “Neo-Geo mode” now offers more options, it should be available from buildbot soon.

3 Likes

thank you so much, can’t wait to test after work. merci beaucoup :grinning:

So I test and it works thank you. I put Japan MVS in neo geo mode and save option per content directory. And every games seems to load in japan mode (red blood on mslug and japanese text on fatal fury) the only thing I don t know if important but in dip switch, the bios still stay MVS asia europe. But I think the neo geo mode override dipswitch ? No ? Thanks again for your work

Yes, dipswitch will be ignored if you don’t set neogeo mode to dipswitch

1 Like

Ok thanks again. Perfect behaviour settings Regards