[Feature Request] 'Change Core' option on XMB menu for playlists

Well, since XMB added a “Remove” option for the playlists, wouldn’t it be nice to have one small option to either:

• Change the core assigned on the playlist
  • Set the core back to “DETECT” on the playlist
  • Load the game/item with another core

Just one of the above would be nice, specially to troubleshoot stuff with different cores. (maybe off by default)

3 Likes

I’m not against such a thing but the way I do it is: when I make a playlist, I immediately go over to settings > playlist and assign a core. Then, if I want/need to try a different core for something, I go back to settings > playlist and change it there.

If I need to do a bunch of different testing, I eschew the playlist altogether and just load core / load content manually.

1 Like

Sometimes, a game simply won’t work in one core — for example, certain Saturn games will allow the Mednafen Saturn core to boot, but it will boot to the CD player instead of the game itself. Games that cause this behavior in Mednafen will (usually) boot in Yabuse with no problems, but because the Mednafen Saturn core has technically booted correctly, it’ll be stored as the assigned core for that game in the playlist.

(This also happens if you accidentally select a PSX core instead of a Saturn core. Easily avoidable by assigning cores to playlists via settings as hunterk described, but worth mentioning.)

Currently, the only way to reset them is to manually edit the playlist, changing saved cores back to “DETECT”. Being able to reset/change cores for select games in the menu itself would be a welcomed quality-of-life feature.