FFMPEG additional recoding options / mixing two audio channels

Hello,

I’ve been using RetroArch to stream to Twitch on my RetroPie and I would like to be able to mix in a second audio channel (from a microphone) but I’m not sure how to pass the additional commandline parameters. I’m new to ffmepg and all of it’s options so I’m not 100% sure on what I need to set up.

From what I understand I need to set the “-ac” option to 2 as well as set both “alsa” and “pulse” as additional inputs.

Something like this:

-i alsa -i pulse -ac 2 amix

But I can’t figure out what the available --recordconfig options are or how I could pass any additional options to ffmpeg using it. Any help or tips on the available options would be appreciated.

Eventually I wouldn’t mind adding webcam support as detailed on the ffmpeg site: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/EncodingForStreamingSites but for now I’ll settle with addtional audio.

In a nutshell I’m looking for the following:

1. How can you pass additional options to ffmpeg via --recordconfig or other options
  2. A list of the options that --recordconfig supports

Thanks for your help

Sorry to bump this post but does any one have any idea how i could pass extra commandline arguments to FFMPEG?

Are there any options to do so via --recordconfig? Or would I need to edit the source?

Have you looked at this document? It’s the only documentation for it that I know of, but I’m not sure if/how much of it is still valid:

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at that page, and it does describe the command-line options available but I can’t see any way to pass any additional options.

i’m not 100% but based on some of the wording, I think those are the only CLI options it will accept.

I think you are correct. I was hoping that there would be some way to pass additional parameters or some way to easily configure the system to do so.