FFMPEG FREEZE 15 seconds

Hellow , I have a problem on FFMPEG core, after playing 15 seconds aprox. of any movie the core freezes and this error appears

irma con problemas: Nombre del evento de problema: APPCRASH Nombre de la aplicación: retroarch.exe Versión de la aplicación: 0.0.0.0 Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 00000000 Nombre del módulo con errores: msvcrt.dll Versión del módulo con errores: 7.0.7601.17744 Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 4eeb033f Código de excepción: c0000005 Desplazamiento de excepción: 0000000000015879 Versión del sistema operativo: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Id. de configuración regional: 4106 Información adicional 1: d72c Información adicional 2: d72c6f9d5996894d4de288d0034b71af Información adicional 3: 6ce0 Información adicional 4: 6ce0e0e4ba6f45f4b908cc7ed51dc0f6

Lea nuestra declaración de privacidad en línea: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0c0a

Si la declaración de privacidad en línea no está disponible, lea la declaración de privacidad sin conexión: C:\Windows\system32\es-ES\erofflps.txt

Is there a way to fix this.

Retroarch 1.32

Descarga la version más reciente de donde dice nightly

Does the core worked on your device in past versions of retroarch?

Good to know! Thanks for posting your solution :slight_smile:

It happened to me a while back (can’t remember when I tested it) and I’ve just tried it again: crashes after 10s while attempting to watch a video.

No info in a log but I got a message “large number of errors” from nvidia opengl driver pointing to this page.

Which driver did you roll back to?

I rolled back to Nvidia 359.00 and it fixed the issue as well, this was driving me nuts forever!

Yes but rolling back to ancient versions of drivers isn’t a good solution. Unless you only use your PC for emulators exclusively.

Well, we would need to figure out what they changed in their driver to cause the issue in the first place. Can you try disabling accelerated video decoding in the driver control panel?

There’s no such option in the control panel, at least in my case. GTX960 on 368.39

Any new info about this issue or anyone working on it?

Sorry for bumping this again but being able to watch gameplay videos at 60fps (longplay videos) with shaders was one of the coolest aspects of RetroArch for me (back in the day it was working).

Was a very nice feature indeed! Still not working and probably not the best idea to roll back drivers.

You need to roll way back to find a driver that doesn’t reproduce this problem. You will end up with a very old driver (1 full year old at least) that doesn’t even support Vulkan at all. Which is not an option after all the recent updates of RetroArch and ParaLLEl.

In other words, this needs to be fixed somehow from the RetroArch end. But it’s unlikely to happen, i’m trying to find a solution for months now. So i just accepted that this feature isn’t available for me.

So, is any other program that allows you to watch videos with at least a simple scanline shader?