In the autoconfig.zip download, some files contain leading and/or trailing space characters in their filenames. Can the Devs please fix these as many tools do not support it? NES PC Game Pad .cfg - Leading and trailing space(s) SNES PC Game Pad .cfg - trailing space(s) SPEED-LINK Competition Pro .cfg - trailing space(s) SPEEDLINK COMPETITION PRO Game Controller for Android .cfg - trailing space(s) USB GAME Controller .cfg - trailing space(s) USB GamePad .cfg - trailing space(s) For context, I have created my own Powershell Online Updater tool and Expand-Archive strips the leading space in NES PC Game Pad .cfg and the next time the tool runs, throws an error because of it. I can work around this using other methods, but since leading or trailing spaces in filenames is generally not recommended, I’d suggest fixing the files in the zip.
I believe those spaces are necessary for matching. They’re direct dumps, so if there’s spaces in there, it’s part of the name.