Final Burn Alpha

A lot of older games do not work on FBA currently. There is a French site I go to that appears to have very up-to-date sets, and they have a section specifically for FBA. If the rom you’re wanting to play isn’t listed in said FBA section, it most likely doesn’t work for FBA. As it happens, many of those games happen to be old 80’s arcade games. There are a few exceptions, though, such as Namco’s early arcade games like Pacman and Galaga. I also got Donkey Kong to work, but it’s missing sound effects.

Thanks. That is good to know.

This would hardly be an issue if only we had a functional MAME core. FBA is great, but MAME appears to have better coverage of older arcade games. At least there seems to be work being done on it at the moment.

I have been waiting for the MAME0.78, but not sure when it will be ready. This is what I am most interested in.

As far as I know, versions above 0.80 run much slower than 0.72 or 0.78. Not sure why. Anyway, let’s wait. I wish I was a programmer, that way, i would keep focusing on MAME, nothing more. I love arcade games most, and MAME is the best emulator for myself.

Hello all,

I just installed Retroarch ps3 port ; and met most of the problem listed in the wii port compatibility list built by tanuki ( incredible work ) using my recent mame romset ( especially the Gfx problems ).

Just registered to tell this, but captain cps-x and squarepusher (bows) probably know this already.

Is it possible to compile the FBA section of retroarch using shmup mame 4.2 which is a derivative of mameplus? I think a lot of people out there will appreciate it. Or maybe even use libretro to choose shmup as a core since libretro is agnostic about cores. a lot of shmup players are using the mame 144/145 revision as after that cave drivers were pulled out of mame caused by the request by cave. I have no idea about programming but I really like the monumental work you guys are doing here. Look like the future to me.

Cheers

Will 0.9.9. support Neo Geo CD as part of the FBA core?

I haven’t yet gotten around to that.

Most likely after 0.9.9 is released - there will be a 0.9.9.1 or something similar that will have some new additions to the FBA core, such as DIP switch settings and this stuff perhaps (Neo Geo CD support).

Great stuff, thanks for the info.

Is it possible to enter the game settings menu? I’d like to change SFIII 2nd impact to a widescreen mode, and cannot see any relevant options in the retroarch.cfg or RGUI.

There is a new core option that should take you into Service mode. From there, you can change screen aspect ratio to widescreen for SFIII 2nd impact.

Thank you, I didn’t think to try the ‘diagnostic’ option, it was right in front of me the whole time.

Not sure if this is the right spot for it, but i was playing the X-Men beat-em-up. One of the sound layers (the voices and effects) is a few octaves lower than it should be. This is with the latest release (0.9.9-WIP and 0.9.9) of retroarch.

Again sorry if this isn’t the right place to post this.

Before you report any audio issues like this, you should confirm that it’s actually off. Do you have a comparison to an actual machine with the audio difference? Also, does this happen in the standalone version of FBA?

I’ve noticed a couple problems that are probably already known, but anyway,

Settings changed in service menu don’t save. (At least for me)

The RGUI selector ‘diagnostic on/off’ will always enter the game service menu by either turning it on or off, just by swapping by it from what it previously was. (As long as you’re not already in the service menu.) Because the RGUI diagnostic option also saves between games, I’ve noticed that if RGUI ‘diagnostic’ is enabled on Retroarch start-up, CPS2 games will crash Retroarch. Maybe diagnostic doesn’t need to be an on/off toggle?.?

First time, after any initial retroarch run that I enter the ‘configuration’ sub-menu (in-game service menu on CPS3) it always swaps to japanese language (in the submenu), resetting the game through RGUI and re-entering the menu makes it work normally the second time. Although this is probably a fault with FBA of my roms (SFIII2 and SFIII3 tested so far). When I tried the ‘diagnostic’ config menu in windows standalone FBA 0.2.97.28 this didn’t occur.

RetroArch: (OSX) – v0.9.9 – Compiler: GCC (4.8.0) 64-bit Built: May 29 2013

FBA 0.2.97.28 Built: May 29 2013

Compile libretro-fba for android error

Hi Squarepusher,

Libretro is great!

I’m a newbie in android native development,and I have problem in compile libretro-fba shared library for android,here is what I do after git:

cd svn-current/trunk/projectfiles/libretro-android/jni ndk-build -j7

and after a while I encounter the follow errors:

/root/fba-libretro/svn-current/trunk/projectfiles/libretro-android/jni/…/…/…/src/burn/drv/dataeast/d_dec8.cpp: In function ‘INT32 SrdarwinFrame()’: /root/fba-libretro/svn-current/trunk/projectfiles/libretro-android/jni/…/…/…/src/burn/drv/dataeast/d_dec8.cpp:2976:1: internal compiler error: in push_minipool_fix, at config/arm/arm.c:12119 Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source if appropriate. See <http://source.android.com/source/report-bugs.html> for instructions. make: *** [/root/fba-libretro/svn-current/trunk/projectfiles/libretro-android/obj/local/armeabi-v7a/objs/retro///__/src/burn/drv/dataeast/d_dec8.o] Error 1 make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…

Any thing to help me solve those problems?

Thanks.

Current-day Android NDK toolchain seems broken with FBA libretro.

Stick with ANDROID NDK r8b - that is what I use and it works for FBA.

if your android ndk is up to date it should have gcc4.7 which does work so compile it like this “NDK_TOOLCHAIN_VERSION=4.7 ndk-build -j7”

Yes, use r8b everything is normal now,thanks.