Final Fantasy 9 iPad Air issue

Hello,

I have an issue where FF9 won’t load past the opening “Published by Square Enix”. It’s just a black screen.

I have searched these forums and found that there were several fixes, however none of them have worked.

I’ve updated the permissions of the files in the RetroArch App, I’ve also download that Playstaion1 (Non-JB)(PCSX ReARMed) core and that doesn’t seem to work either. I’ve also tried multiple iso files for it and it hasn’t worked. I’ve put all bios files in the right place and made them all lowercase.

Any help would be appreciated.

What iOS version are you using?

I tested iOS 8.1.2 (TaiG jailbrerak) with the usual PSX core and it seems to work fine. On iOS 8.0-8.1 (Pangu jailbreak), the non-JB core might have some issues. I recall the ROM freezing when first entering the Black Mage Village section, perhaps your ROM is experiencing the same freezing issue, but at the title screen? I was somewhat able to bypass this by loading the save on a 32-bit device and playing past that part, creating a new save, and moving it back to the 64-bit device.

I’m running 7.1.1. I’m pretty sure I jailbroke it with Pengu. Do you think upgrading my iOS will help?

Having the same issue here, only on the 8.1 Jailbreak, iPad Air 2

Using the pscx_rearmed_interpreter_ios.dylib core, as using the regular PSCX ReARMed core causes an instant crash upon loading any game (from what I understand this is due to issues with running on a 64 bit device)

I have had no issues with FF7, and this one seems to load just fine, however as the OP mentions after the very first Square Enix title, it is just black.

Any tips on this would be very much appreciated!

Cheers!

EDIT:

I did a bit of toying around with an older 32 bit device using the regular PSCX ReARMed core and was able to get in to the game no problem. I have two questions on this:

I was able to get a save state from a 32 bit to load on my iPad, however it instantly freezes. Assuming this is something to do with the core being different/underpowered

I will try and play a bit further in the game and see if there is any way to get this working.

Is there anything that can be done to get the regular PSCX ReARMed core working on 64 bit devices? Or that could be done to possibly speed up the alternative one to get this game working properly without all the device switching?

Thanks again!

EDIT 2:

Seems this happens during every one of the pre rendered cut scenes.

Anyone know of any way around this?