Fire TV/Fire TV Stick Page

Edit for the new year:

I didn’t like what I had on my blog and decided I wanted to flesh it out a little bit, so I registered a new domain:

http://www.gamingonfire.com/ The Retroarch content is at:

http://www.gamingonfire.com/2017/01/01/retroarch/

(I’ll update the URL if I decide to change the permalink as I get things ironed out, still playing with site layout, etc.)

I have had RetroArch on my Fire TV Stick since I got it, and decided to create a web page devoted mostly to it. It’s a work in progress, and I’m guessing there are some experts here who might have some helpful input. Any feedback appreciated:

Thanks,

Colin

1 Like

Looks great at first glance :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Thoughts:

1. Still trying to figure out the best cores. The Fire TV Stick hardware is weak so some of the cores that are better on powerful hardware are a nonstarter. Input appreciated. (found this thread: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1761)
  2. It’s REALLY annoying having the Fire TV Game Controller map to NES button configs by default. I think I would rather have it map to standard buttons and remap it to NES per emulator. Also, I’m not a fan of losing my back button as select in the default mapping. Where are these things debated? Github? Obviously I can customize and tell people how to customize, but still…
  3. Any advice on getting controller 2 inputs from a single controller? I would like to be able to save in Zelda/Zelda II.

You can change the accept/cancel button mappings in your retroarch.cfg and it will swap the buttons without breaking the retropad mapping in cores.

Great. I will find the settings and suggest swapping those as step one.

Edit:

Looks like I’m changing

menu_ok_btn = “8” menu_cancel_btn = “0”

Talking to myself here, but that worked like a champ. So much better.

[QUOTE=Colin1497;40017]Great. I will find the settings and suggest swapping those as step one.

Edit:

Looks like I’m changing

menu_ok_btn = “8” menu_cancel_btn = “0”[/QUOTE]

Yeah that works great. Thanks for posting.

extra info for no reason- I mapped my NES to X for B and A for A like SMW cuzza run and jump… GB, too… back as select; start for start; L-stick for Menu and R-Stick for rage quit…

Glad i found this thread! I am trying to setup the FC30 Pro with RetroArch. The controller is recognised, but none of the buttons work when i open a game (i am using MAME, Genesis Plus GX). I’ve been struggling with this for hours and still not getting anywhere. The only time i managed to get the FC30 working was with genesis and a master system ROM, but it stopped working after i turned off the onscreen controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i know i’m close to getting this set up

Edit: If i switch User 2 Device Index: 8Bitdo FC30 Pro (#1) to User 1 i can use my controller (but some of the buttons are a bit screwy and i’m playing as player 2), but then the Fire Stick remote no longer works, which means i have no control over the retroarch interface. I’m sure i’m missing something simple…

[QUOTE=bobert;48366]Glad i found this thread! I am trying to setup the FC30 Pro with RetroArch. The controller is recognised, but none of the buttons work when i open a game (i am using MAME, Genesis Plus GX). I’ve been struggling with this for hours and still not getting anywhere. The only time i managed to get the FC30 working was with genesis and a master system ROM, but it stopped working after i turned off the onscreen controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i know i’m close to getting this set up

Edit: If i switch User 2 Device Index: 8Bitdo FC30 Pro (#1) to User 1 i can use my controller (but some of the buttons are a bit screwy and i’m playing as player 2), but then the Fire Stick remote no longer works, which means i have no control over the retroarch interface. I’m sure i’m missing something simple…[/QUOTE]

I haven’t played with this controller. I’m guessing that 3 months later you’ve probably resolved this?

I want to play (Monolith) Blood on my Fire TV Stick. It’s loading up fine but very slow. When I start the Game ist complaining about Low Memory. How do I raise the Memory Size of Dosbox? I can’t find a conf. file, also there is nothing in the options. Even when changing the Folders in Retroarch and updating i can’t find any conf file.