Fire TV/Fire TV Stick Page

Edit for the new year:

I didn’t like what I had on my blog and decided I wanted to flesh it out a little bit, so I registered a new domain:

http://www.gamingonfire.com/ The Retroarch content is at:

http://www.gamingonfire.com/2017/01/01/retroarch/

(I’ll update the URL if I decide to change the permalink as I get things ironed out, still playing with site layout, etc.)

I have had RetroArch on my Fire TV Stick since I got it, and decided to create a web page devoted mostly to it. It’s a work in progress, and I’m guessing there are some experts here who might have some helpful input. Any feedback appreciated:

Thanks,

Colin

Looks great at first glance :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Thoughts:

1. Still trying to figure out the best cores. The Fire TV Stick hardware is weak so some of the cores that are better on powerful hardware are a nonstarter. Input appreciated. (found this thread: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1761)
  2. It’s REALLY annoying having the Fire TV Game Controller map to NES button configs by default. I think I would rather have it map to standard buttons and remap it to NES per emulator. Also, I’m not a fan of losing my back button as select in the default mapping. Where are these things debated? Github? Obviously I can customize and tell people how to customize, but still…
  3. Any advice on getting controller 2 inputs from a single controller? I would like to be able to save in Zelda/Zelda II.

1. we’re not changing the retropad. We might add a control style toggle sometime but other than that… nope, Regarding the select button, you can just change the map in any way you see fit in your autoconf profile but by default the full basic retropad needs to be supported.

Sorry, didn’t mean to blaspheme. It’s just maddening going back and forth between the Fire TV interface and the retroarch interface where A/B perform opposite functions. If the Retroarch interface were flipped on Fire TV it would be MUCH more intuitive.

I just moved Select/Start to a different pair of buttons that are arguably a better choice.

You can change the accept/cancel button mappings in your retroarch.cfg and it will swap the buttons without breaking the retropad mapping in cores.

Great. I will find the settings and suggest swapping those as step one.

Edit:

Looks like I’m changing

menu_ok_btn = “8” menu_cancel_btn = “0”

Talking to myself here, but that worked like a champ. So much better.

[QUOTE=Colin1497;40017]Great. I will find the settings and suggest swapping those as step one.

Edit:

Looks like I’m changing

menu_ok_btn = “8” menu_cancel_btn = “0”[/QUOTE]

Yeah that works great. Thanks for posting.

extra info for no reason- I mapped my NES to X for B and A for A like SMW cuzza run and jump… GB, too… back as select; start for start; L-stick for Menu and R-Stick for rage quit…

Glad i found this thread! I am trying to setup the FC30 Pro with RetroArch. The controller is recognised, but none of the buttons work when i open a game (i am using MAME, Genesis Plus GX). I’ve been struggling with this for hours and still not getting anywhere. The only time i managed to get the FC30 working was with genesis and a master system ROM, but it stopped working after i turned off the onscreen controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i know i’m close to getting this set up

Edit: If i switch User 2 Device Index: 8Bitdo FC30 Pro (#1) to User 1 i can use my controller (but some of the buttons are a bit screwy and i’m playing as player 2), but then the Fire Stick remote no longer works, which means i have no control over the retroarch interface. I’m sure i’m missing something simple…

[QUOTE=bobert;48366]Glad i found this thread! I am trying to setup the FC30 Pro with RetroArch. The controller is recognised, but none of the buttons work when i open a game (i am using MAME, Genesis Plus GX). I’ve been struggling with this for hours and still not getting anywhere. The only time i managed to get the FC30 working was with genesis and a master system ROM, but it stopped working after i turned off the onscreen controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i know i’m close to getting this set up

Edit: If i switch User 2 Device Index: 8Bitdo FC30 Pro (#1) to User 1 i can use my controller (but some of the buttons are a bit screwy and i’m playing as player 2), but then the Fire Stick remote no longer works, which means i have no control over the retroarch interface. I’m sure i’m missing something simple…[/QUOTE]

I haven’t played with this controller. I’m guessing that 3 months later you’ve probably resolved this?

I want to play (Monolith) Blood on my Fire TV Stick. It’s loading up fine but very slow. When I start the Game ist complaining about Low Memory. How do I raise the Memory Size of Dosbox? I can’t find a conf. file, also there is nothing in the options. Even when changing the Folders in Retroarch and updating i can’t find any conf file.