Fire TV. How do I add my roms?

Hello all,

I side-loaded Retroarch onto my FireTv (Gen 2) and the program itself works fine. However, I am unable to get to the roms that are on my Netgear Readyshare hard-drive. The connection works because I can get to my video files through Kodi so the FireTV is capable of seeing the hard drive. Anyone know how I can access my roms?

Here is a quick explanation of my set up. FireTV hardwired to Netgear router and harddrive hard wired through usb to router.

I have some roms. Just can’t seem to get to them through Retroarch. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

RetroArch can only access things that are immediately available to the filesystem. My guess is that the videos are accessible to Kodi because it does its own cifs loading…? So to have the same access with RetroArch, you would need to mount your network share through some other program and then navigate to them within RetroArch.

Hunterk, I understand the first sentence. The only thing Retroarch can see is the internal fire system of the FireTV. I have no idea how to set it up so retroarch can see my network. Can you explain that process? Am I making this more difficult than it needs to be?

It can’t see your network, that should be handled by the OS not by end-user applications.

Sadly with Android that’s not the case

Most programs that support networks shares do it internally because Android is a bit weird about that sort of thing via the filesystem. It seems a program called cifsmanager is capable of it, but it’s a hassle and requires both root and the presence of a cifs kernel module:

found this link quicker than it takes to register here and type in a question. you could have typed that into google. anyways, here ya are.