FireTV, PS3 Sixaxis & Retroarch.cfg

Hello.

I just installed Retroarch on my rooted FireTV and currently running PS3 controller with Sixaxis app. The problem I’m encountering right now is that when autodetect is enabled, the Back and Menu buttons are mapped to the Select and Start button respsctively. Maybe it’s because the FireTV doesn’t have its own Back and Menu “hardware” buttons unlike regular phones and tablets. Because of this any game that requires the Start button (most old consoles) to start games are unplayable.

I tried to work around this by not enabling the autodetect and just use custom mappings. I left the Select (Back) button unbound because I thought that leaving to unbound would default as the Back button. Unfortunately it remains unbound (does nothing) when in game w/o autodetect enabled.

Last thing I tried to do is look for the .cfg files using ES File Explorer but I can’t for the life of me locate it anywhere. It seems like the location is is not the same as regualr android devices.

Anyone with FireTV experience that could give me some possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t know anything about FireTV, but I believe the config files are in /data/data/com.retroarch. Are you running the one from the Play Store or a nightly from buildbot.libretro.com? If the one from the store, you might try a nightly, as they have more extensive button remapping capabilities.

OK I’ll try one of the nigthlies. The latest one freezes when Menu is invoked and doesn’t have the “Choose how Back button behaves”. I’ll look for a more stable one

Alright this is regarding RetroArch Android in the Amazon Fire TV and PS3 controller using the Sixaxis app.

I don’t know where to post this little feeback so I’ll just put it here for now.

For the stable releases, the main problem for this combination is the FireTV doesn’t have it own “hardware” Back and Menu buttons like most ot phones and tablets have. When it’s auto detecting a DS3 controller, the Select button maps to Back, and the Start button maps to Menu. This configuration makes games that require the start button to begin unplayable.

I tried to circumvent this problem by just using custom mappings and not auto detecting the DS3 controller. I can now play the games but the problem I encountered in this approach is without auto detect and no hardware Back and Menu button, you can’t quit out of the game and the app.

I tried the nightlies like hunterk suggested but I can’t test it out since it doesn’t even detect my DS3.

The simple change to the DualShock3.cfg for android devices that don’t have hardware Back and Menu buttons is to just map Start->Start Button, Select->PS Bluetooth Button, and left Select alone to serve as the “hardware” Back button. I think it would be wise to “Set how back Button behaves” to Menu toggle. But IMO the best solution for me personally would be Select and Start doing it’s purpose and the Bluetooth button serve as the Menu toggle.

input_device = "PlayStation3"
input_driver = "android"
input_b_btn = "96"
input_y_btn = "99"
input_select_btn = "188"
input_start_btn = "82"
input_up_btn = "19"
input_down_btn = "20"
input_left_btn = "21"
input_right_btn = "22"
input_a_btn = "97"
input_x_btn = "100"